Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

dangriffin87 at standard level
Default Invidia Aus Spec downpipe

Noticed that prospeed are now selling the Aus spec downpipes for the invidia exhaust system. Anyone tried to see if these suit the Australian version better? how is the position of the O2 sensor in new version?
Should I go for this or just get a butler downpipe to match in with the cat back q300?

Any thoughts suggestions from people in the know or who have done it before will be great.

Iv got a 2011 STI by the way so the steering knuckle is not an issue, I don't think anyway.

Thanks

Danny
Old 14-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Danny..

If you have an STI I don't think the AUS spec makes any difference, it really matters for the WRXs which have the different steering knuckle and doesn't fit the US spec pipe.

I just bought one for my STI (meant to be getting delivered tmo!) and got the US spec as it fits fine on the STI...
US spec has a splitter plate in there, AUS spec you have to get PSR to fit one which they will do for you as AUS spec is bellmouth type.

RJ

Last edited by RJ999; 14-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 15-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Scoobie Noobie

ye cool,

iv heard different things off different people some saying the US version wont fit due to LHD all that stuff. others saying your ok with the STI some saying no doesn't matter WRX and STI wont fit. Do you know if the o2 sensor is in the right place? or does that not matter?
Old 15-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

All the talk about LHD vs RHD is all related to the wrx steering knuckle being as fat as an elephant's ankle...
It fits on STIs, the turbo wastegate in the exact same spot in a LHD or RHD STI, only thing thats different is where the steering column is.
If you search the forums(pwrx/rexnet) you'll find that a lot of STIs have fitted the US invidia dp without any hassles...one or two have experienced some rubbing on the steering but fixed by heating up/hammer. Thats for my model STi anyway...should be same for yours (just search to make sure). Not sure about the O2 bungs, dont think it matters for my model and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangriffin87 View Post
ye cool,

iv heard different things off different people some saying the US version wont fit due to LHD all that stuff. others saying your ok with the STI some saying no doesn't matter WRX and STI wont fit. Do you know if the o2 sensor is in the right place? or does that not matter?

Last edited by RJ999; 15-10-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 15-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Vendor

T-REXX at standard level

The new Down Pipe for the Aus Spec is something we designed in Australia with a local shop here and made the moldings and castings to suit OUR CARS In Australia. So in other words it will clear the Steering knuckles and itll clear the Gearbox. This item cant be purcahsed in USA as its made specially for PSR.

What is different?

Its a totally new down pipe.
New cast head so its still that neat finish with no welds.
No Splitter in this one. Since all turbos are different, it requires different length splitters.. ie, TD based turbos are different to VF Non Ball Bearing which is different to VF Ball Bearings.
Cat is now moved to the base of the Down Pipe to improve flow and the shape of the cat has also changed so it is a smoother flow
Comes with an extra 02 sensor bung for people who have Gauges or want to put other sensors in for other things

Photos can be seen here.

RED IS THE NEW Down Pipe
GREEN is the old
the red dot is where the steering knuckle is.. with the new one it has around 1-1 1/2 inches clearence..

We also have an Auto Down Pipe for the FOZ and LGT

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5904195&type=3
lachy294, RJ999 and SolarFilms like this.
Old 15-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Vendor

T-REXX at standard level

Here is the actual pictures of the down pipe we got for testing...

this is for the 08 WRX STI model.. we fitted to a WRX with perfect fitment
we also tested the EXACT same down pipe to the WRX 01-07 and had plenty of room
Old 18-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Thanks, i have a wrx sti, with the smaller sti knuckle on it. Do i even need to get the aus version or the us version ok?
Old 18-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Thanks, i have a wrx sti, with the smaller sti knuckle on it. Do i even need to get the aus version or the us version ok?
Dan,

Just call Troy and he will sort you out....that's how I organised mine...Troy/ProSpeedRacing +++++
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Vendor

T-REXX at standard level

Quote:
you can, but for maximum performance the Aus spec will be better..

Cat is now in the base, and splitter can be put in to match the turbo..

we carry both usa spec and Aus spec

Troy
Old 26-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Psych 101 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REXX View Post
The new Down Pipe for the Aus Spec is something we designed in Australia with a local shop here and made the moldings and castings to suit OUR CARS In Australia. So in other words it will clear the Steering knuckles and itll clear the Gearbox. This item cant be purcahsed in USA as its made specially for PSR.

What is different?

Its a totally new down pipe.
New cast head so its still that neat finish with no welds.
No Splitter in this one. Since all turbos are different, it requires different length splitters.. ie, TD based turbos are different to VF Non Ball Bearing which is different to VF Ball Bearings.
Cat is now moved to the base of the Down Pipe to improve flow and the shape of the cat has also changed so it is a smoother flow
Comes with an extra 02 sensor bung for people who have Gauges or want to put other sensors in for other things

Photos can be seen here.

RED IS THE NEW Down Pipe
GREEN is the old
the red dot is where the steering knuckle is.. with the new one it has around 1-1 1/2 inches clearence..

We also have an Auto Down Pipe for the FOZ and LGT

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5904195&type=3
I recently bought one of these. Can you explain why there is only one o2 sensor bung and not two. Also the position appears to be for the rear o2 sensor and before the cat (instead of after like OEM). How does this affect things like fuel trims and monitoring cat efficiency (and making sure the cat isn't destroyed)?
SolarFilms likes this.

Tags
aus, downpipe, invidia, spec