Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 02:14 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

WhyULook at standard level
Default Help please

Hey guys have just been driving my car around and after giving it a little squirt im getting alot of noise from the turbo when im cruising at 100 and put foot on the gas a bit, like its spooling up but a lot louder than I have heard it before. Any ideas?? Im a retard with this sort of shit
Old 09-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Air intake has come off?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

From what I can see there are no loose hoses but like I said Im a complete retard and probably not even looking at the right thing. Its a pain in the ass because I go back to work monday and subaru not open today. Dont wanna come home in 4 weeks and have to deal with this shit haha
Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Are these what im meant to be looking at? Those 2 metal clamps were super loose not sure how tight they meant to be but they took about 6 turns each to tighten.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:46 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

From tightening those there is still no change, its only really in 4th and 5th gear that I notice the sound when its under load.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

Can you see if the hose is split anywhere? Unlikely though. How about the filter box on the left of that pic; are all the clips done up? Otherwise, maybe the 'milk bottle' has come off the underside of the filter box - you'll need to go in through the wheel arch to see if that's still attached.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIMUL8IN View Post
Can you see if the hose is split anywhere? Unlikely though. How about the filter box on the left of that pic; are all the clips done up? Otherwise, maybe the 'milk bottle' has come off the underside of the filter box - you'll need to go in through the wheel arch to see if that's still attached.
As far as I can see there are only 2 clips and both are done up. No cracks in the hoses either as far as I can see. The car has only done 9,500 km so confused as what it could be. Ill have to jack the car up tomorrow and take off the cover in the wheel arch and have a look. To me when im driving the noise sounds like its coming from the left side of the front car Thanks for the help.

Last edited by WhyULook; 09-08-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:49 PM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Do u have boost gauge in ur car? If so, what's the reading now? If not maybe try spray some water on ur intake system, ie air box, turbo inlet, and intercooler, if there is leak, ur car will run rough. Might just be hose clamp on the turbo came loose?

Edit: dont spray too much though.

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport

Last edited by s20525xxx; 09-08-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Your turbo and inlet are on the right side of the car. Possible exhaust or intercooler hose leak? Is it stock?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Your turbo and inlet are on the right side of the car. Possible exhaust or intercooler hose leak? Is it stock?
Yea all stock at the moment. House sucked any funds I had that I wanted to spend on my car haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
Do u have boost gauge in ur car? If so, what's the reading now? If not maybe try spray some water on ur intake system, ie air box, turbo inlet, and intercooler, if there is leak, ur car will run rough. Might just be hose clamp on the turbo came loose?

Edit: dont spray too much though.
No I dont have a boost gauge in my car (dont know what to get or how to read them for that matter haha) im still very new to all of this. Ill try the water trick tomorrow morning. Its a pain because I go to work for 4 weeks on monday so ill have to deal with it when I get back if I cant figure it out and do it myself.

Cheers for the help