Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Clutch (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/59351-clutch.html)

type25 17-01-2016 09:47 PM

In case you are interested I have a spare brand new genuine STI lightweight 6 speed chromoly flywheel that I would consider selling.

RichX 18-01-2016 11:53 AM

Cool, cheers - I'll keep that in mind, in case mine needs a new one when we inspect it.

tris7an 22-02-2016 06:15 PM

I've read through heaps of information on google and looked at different kits and seen some prices I really just want an oem replacement clutch as mines shitting itself. Does any one know what the best option is I like many here was thinking exedy hd but have noticed rallysports direct has oem replacement clutches. Knowing nothing about this field at all some advice on the right route to take would be excellent. Bearing in mind I'm looking for the best option to keep the car as is I'm
Not really wanting to upgrade just replace a busted clutch I'm broke as hell but I'd rather replace this part correctly if that means saving a bit then I guess that's just what I'll do.

Thanks guys any advice will be much appreciated

astralex 14-10-2016 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=RichX;834746]Cool, cheers - I'll keep that in mind, in case mine needs a new one when we inspect it.[/QUOTE]

Did you end up pulling the trigger and getting a new clutch kit Rich? I'm in the process of cleaning up my 6 speed for it's conversion into my GC8 and tossing up between the Extreme HD vs stock STI unit.

dazdavies 15-10-2016 08:28 AM

Have a look at ACT clutches from the U.S. They are very very good.

nick73 15-10-2016 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=astralex;842077]Did you end up pulling the trigger and getting a new clutch kit Rich? I'm in the process of cleaning up my 6 speed for it's conversion into my GC8 and tossing up between the Extreme HD vs stock STI unit.[/QUOTE]

If you're just after a spirited driving clutch you can't go past the oem unit. If you want one to take tonnes of abuse from a built motor then a different story.

Value for money the CC clutch range has some good options. Adam at Tuspeed gave me a very good price for mine.

REXXXED 2.0 15-10-2016 04:40 PM

Im using a 5 speed exedy cushion button in my 6 speed and its great :) has a very good pedal feel and still likes to take abuse :)

sent from the guy no one likes

astralex 17-10-2016 09:59 PM

Thanks for the varying responses guys, and I've checked out all of the options thrown out there. Nick, I have had the same idea as you regarding OEM vs other options, which is probably leading me away from OEM. And REXXED, I've decided to swap out to 6 speed flywheel while I'm at, taking away the option of keeping a 5 speed clutch and PP.

Daz, I don't know if I was looking at the wrong sites, but ACT stuff all looked a bit too extreme for my 2.1 stroker? That was mostly on Summits website though.

Bram 17-10-2016 10:03 PM

Absolutely loved my exedy carbon twin. Awesome motorsport clutch. Shit for daily duties though.

astralex 13-09-2017 10:28 AM

Oh hai hai all.

Has anyone used both or either of these two Exedy clutch kits and can speak to any differences?

Exedy FJK-7350HD - Sold in Oz as the Sports Tuff

Exedy 15803 - Racing Stage 1 Organic sold in the US