Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2015, 05:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level
Default Temp issue

Hey guys sitting in traffic noticed my temp gauge spike up toward 3/4 not into red never normally moves so I went to put the heater on to help out and I am getting no hot air, then temp gauge goes to normal once moving ,drove home easy off boost and I have some coolant coming out the overflow. I'm thinking head gasket or maybe blocked heater core??

Mark

Last edited by Rslib72; 23-01-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

levans at standard level

I would be looking for air in the system first. have you messed around with the coolant system recently? I would try bleeding the system of any possible air first. jack the front of the car up high, when filling the system from the header tank use a bottle of some sort on top of the header tank.

Last edited by levans; 23-01-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 23-01-2015, 05:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Thanks mate yeh I did change the coolant in her but that was a couple of months a go I might flush the heater core and refill how you have suggested. Luckily she is not used daily so I won't drive her in the meantime.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Well bit of a update after taking the advice above I put her up on ramps took the intercooler off and flushed the heater core little bit of brown muck came out and refilled the system bleed it properly which is a bit of a mission on a rs. Now I have a heater back again so had a airlock in the system now I'll just keep an eye her for the next couple of days see if she dumps any coolant.

Thanks mark
Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Well it has not been a good week for the old Rs firstly a piece of corrugated fencing got blown into the car damaging the back rear fender and the rear door. Getting that fixed under insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-03-2015, 09:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Then the biggy I think she has now done the Headgasket. Had been taking it easy last couple of weeks then gave her a bit of boost action with not a good outcome I ended up with coolant sprayed all down the side of the car where she blew from the coolant reservoir.
Let her cool down reservoir full,no coolant in the header tank even the radiator hoses had sucked flat. Replaced the coolant start her up and she pisses white smoke out the exhaust.

She will live again off to talk to s-technic in the next couple of weeks whether to fix my motor or chuck another one in.

Mark

Tags
issue, temp