Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2016, 02:01 AM
Scoobie Noobie

CyanideMonkey at standard level
Question Quietest 3" Mufflers for WRX 2010 Sedan?

Hey all,

So yeah, looks like I have to swap out my cannon mufflers to retain my sanity and my ear drums.
The main issue is the vibrations in the boot that shakes the whole car, but if I am replacing what I have then I am wanting to go from one extreme to the other here, I don't care if the subi rumble is completely gone, I just want a 3" muffler that is as quiet, if not quieter than stock.

What are peoples suggestions? Obviously ovals rather than cannons, and for brands I have had suggestions to look into Magnaflow, Hitech, TCP, Remus, Ultrex (maybe?) among others (but no specific model numbers).
Does anyone have any real world experience with any of these? Youtube videos can only tell you so much.

(It sux how you can't really check these things out before you go ahead, I am now pretty paranoid of wasting time and money replacing my noisy muffler with a noisy muffler)

Tags
2010, mufflers, quietest, quietest 3, sedan, wrx