Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Perth Workshops (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/6775-perth-workshops.html)

Spektre 12-12-2013 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=thehowlfactor;781161]I used the dealer for the first service then decided to take it to STechnic for the next one. Will definitely be taking it back to them for future servicing. All depends on if you have a warranty. Most of them require you to have the car serviced at a dealership.[/QUOTE]

Dude... Seriously... That is the biggest pile of shit talk ever

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

thehowlfactor 12-12-2013 10:14 AM

In what way is that a pile of shit talk?

JRecardo 12-12-2013 10:27 AM

I always thought as long as the log book is stamped you're fine? I'm probably very wrong, never had a warranty before now.

I do have a warranty with the dealer, but I won't be losing sleep over it.

drewgong 12-12-2013 11:24 AM

certified mechanic, logbook.. warranty.. it doesnt have to be the dealer, agreed

thehowlfactor 12-12-2013 11:29 AM

I was referring to the AHG extra 5 year warranty which, correct me if I am wrong requires you to have the car serviced at a AHG service centre.

Kato 12-12-2013 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=thehowlfactor;781171]In what way is that a pile of shit talk?[/QUOTE]

New car warranty is not voided by taking the car to another mechanic or dealership. So long as the log book is stamped by a registered mechanic, your warranty is valid.

If you have one of those toilet paper warranties from car yards selling 2nd hand cars... Well they ain't worth shit anyway so get it serviced wherever you want.

JRecardo 12-12-2013 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=thehowlfactor;781184]I was referring to the AHG extra 5 year warranty which, correct me if I am wrong requires you to have the car serviced at a AHG service centre.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, I'm pretty sure that is a condition of the extended warranty. Did not fall for that crap though. Just have the standard warranty.

RJ999 12-12-2013 12:31 PM

I was smart enough to ask the warranty chick to remove the clause that I have to service my car at an AHG or specific dealer on mine... LOL

...btw for those of you who have it, you can stiil call the warranty lady and have her remove that clause if you ark up about it saying that it was never mentioned at the time of signing up and that it's not practicle for you to get to an ahg yard - that's what I did two months after I got mine when I found out about this BS.

Now for all of you guys saying this warranty is bullshit - I'm sorry but I've already made use of it twice, saved me fkn heaps...replaced my power window system that was starting to fk up and my rocker gaskets, and thats after modding and tuning... its got its uses!

So sorry that the general crowd wiped their asses with it, maybe they should have taken their cash and wiped their asses with that, it would have felt much better :pottytrai

p.s: you do have to get the "Advantage" one which is more expensive to get this but yes if you have the one they give for free - wipe your ass with it.

p.s 2: Howl --ring up if you have the auto assure advantage - get them to remove that clause --- problem sorted! and this warranty works - I rang Allianz the warranty administrator number and they confirmed that modding doesnt void the whole warranty - just that modded part doesn't get covered( ex. tbe)

Kato 12-12-2013 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;781190]Now for all of you guys saying this warranty is bullshit - I'm sorry but I've already made use of it twice, saved me fkn heaps...replaced my power window system that was starting to fk up and my rocker gaskets, and thats after modding and tuning... its got its uses!

So sorry that the general crowd wiped their asses with it, maybe they should have taken their cash and wiped their asses with that, it would have felt much better :pottytrai[/QUOTE]

Considering there are numerous threads on here and other forums of people being denied warranty, the general consensus is they are shit.

I've never had any dealings with them other than reading one years ago and laughing at how many get out of jail free clauses they had in them. Maybe they are better now.

Good to hear someone getting warranty on it.

RJ999 12-12-2013 12:58 PM

I was only talking about the AHG Auto Assure "Advantage" option which costs like $2-2.5K extra....
The free one is shite! and there are other warranties from non ahg's/allianz which are probably shite too.

It's worked for me and I'm sure it will work for plenty of people with that same warranty :-)