Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 10:00 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowlfactor View Post
I used the dealer for the first service then decided to take it to STechnic for the next one. Will definitely be taking it back to them for future servicing. All depends on if you have a warranty. Most of them require you to have the car serviced at a dealership.
Dude... Seriously... That is the biggest pile of shit talk ever

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Ko[R]uPt and Slap Dash like this.
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

In what way is that a pile of shit talk?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:27 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

I always thought as long as the log book is stamped you're fine? I'm probably very wrong, never had a warranty before now.

I do have a warranty with the dealer, but I won't be losing sleep over it.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

certified mechanic, logbook.. warranty.. it doesnt have to be the dealer, agreed
Old 12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

I was referring to the AHG extra 5 year warranty which, correct me if I am wrong requires you to have the car serviced at a AHG service centre.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
In what way is that a pile of shit talk?
New car warranty is not voided by taking the car to another mechanic or dealership. So long as the log book is stamped by a registered mechanic, your warranty is valid.

If you have one of those toilet paper warranties from car yards selling 2nd hand cars... Well they ain't worth shit anyway so get it serviced wherever you want.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
I was referring to the AHG extra 5 year warranty which, correct me if I am wrong requires you to have the car serviced at a AHG service centre.
Ah yeah, I'm pretty sure that is a condition of the extended warranty. Did not fall for that crap though. Just have the standard warranty.
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

I was smart enough to ask the warranty chick to remove the clause that I have to service my car at an AHG or specific dealer on mine... LOL

...btw for those of you who have it, you can stiil call the warranty lady and have her remove that clause if you ark up about it saying that it was never mentioned at the time of signing up and that it's not practicle for you to get to an ahg yard - that's what I did two months after I got mine when I found out about this BS.

Now for all of you guys saying this warranty is bullshit - I'm sorry but I've already made use of it twice, saved me fkn heaps...replaced my power window system that was starting to fk up and my rocker gaskets, and thats after modding and tuning... its got its uses!

So sorry that the general crowd wiped their asses with it, maybe they should have taken their cash and wiped their asses with that, it would have felt much better

p.s: you do have to get the "Advantage" one which is more expensive to get this but yes if you have the one they give for free - wipe your ass with it.

p.s 2: Howl --ring up if you have the auto assure advantage - get them to remove that clause --- problem sorted! and this warranty works - I rang Allianz the warranty administrator number and they confirmed that modding doesnt void the whole warranty - just that modded part doesn't get covered( ex. tbe)

Last edited by RJ999; 12-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Now for all of you guys saying this warranty is bullshit - I'm sorry but I've already made use of it twice, saved me fkn heaps...replaced my power window system that was starting to fk up and my rocker gaskets, and thats after modding and tuning... its got its uses!

So sorry that the general crowd wiped their asses with it, maybe they should have taken their cash and wiped their asses with that, it would have felt much better

Considering there are numerous threads on here and other forums of people being denied warranty, the general consensus is they are shit.

I've never had any dealings with them other than reading one years ago and laughing at how many get out of jail free clauses they had in them. Maybe they are better now.

Good to hear someone getting warranty on it.
RJ999 likes this.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

I was only talking about the AHG Auto Assure "Advantage" option which costs like $2-2.5K extra....
The free one is shite! and there are other warranties from non ahg's/allianz which are probably shite too.

It's worked for me and I'm sure it will work for plenty of people with that same warranty :-)

Tags
perth, workshops