Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

h2oxide at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Tokyo Motorsport, Maximum Motorsport and Race Torque all do ECUTek tunes, so quite a choice....so ASG not doing Verso anymore?
Not at all interested in ECUtek as I won't be taking advantage of it with my stock (w TBE) WRX.

ASG told me yesterday they're no longer touching the stock ECU and recommended an aftermarket ECU/tune (upwards of 3k) without blinking an eye. Funny considering they didn't even know what I was running.

EDIT: for the record there's one more workshop that does ECUtek being Racing Performance Works in Os Park

Last edited by h2oxide; 06-10-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Wow. Thats wierd, i would have thought the OEM ecu reflash to be a pretty good money spinner for ASG.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Fucking ASG.
When I first came to Perth they were recommended to me. I went to see them and told them of my plans when I had my peanut STI. They didn't take me seriously and just thought I was another dreamer. I understand that though as I'm sure they get lots of it. Anyway my plans changed and I ended up buying a car that they originally built. Well what a fucking horror story that engine was when I pulled it apart. It was properly fucked. It had just had its 3rd rebuild by them in just 20k kms. The state of the engine was a joke considering the most recent build was only 2000 kms old. The further I pulled it down the worse it got. Wrong parts used, things that should have been done that weren't.

Not an isolated incident either plenty of others with similar stories. Then to top it all off the way they dealt with it just showed them for who they are.
Telling people the car had been elsewhere and it wasn't their fault. Blatent lies and they ripped the previous owner off plain and simple.

So not only crap at the work they do but dishonest with it.

Sean, Nick if you're reading this feel free so sue me for libel / slander whatever. Good luck because everything I've said is truthful and can be backed up with plenty of proof.

How the fuck you dodgy cunts are still in business is beyond me.
ZiN likes this.

Last edited by dazdavies; 06-10-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:13 PM

h2oxide at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdavies View Post
Fucking ASG.
When I first came to Perth they were recommended to me. I went to see them and told them of my plans when I had my peanut STI. They didn't take me seriously and just thought I was another dreamer. I understand that though as I'm sure they get lots of it. Anyway my plans changed and I ended up buying a car that they originally built. Well what a fucking horror story that engine was when I pulled it apart. It was properly fucked. It had just had its 3rd rebuild by them in just 20k kms. The state of the engine was a joke considering the most recent build was only 2000 kms old. The further I pulled it down the worse it got. Wrong parts used, things that should have been done that weren't.

Not an isolated incident either plenty of others with similar stories. Then to top it all off the way they dealt with it just showed them for who they are.
Telling people the car had been elsewhere and it wasn't their fault. Blatent lies and they ripped the previous owner off plain and simple.

So not only crap at the work they do but dishonest with it.

Sean, Nick if you're reading this feel free so sue me for libel / slander whatever. Good luck because everything I've said is truthful and can be backed up with plenty of proof.

How the fuck you dodgy cunts are still in business is beyond me.
Yowch, unfortunate to hear. How's the car faring now?
Old 06-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

It's mint now I have got rid of anything that they did.
605whp on E85 and 507whp on 98.
8,000kms on this engine and it's not used any coolant in that time. Ive done two oil changes in that time and not had to top up between changes. Whereas the previous owner had to top the coolant up after every journey on their builds.
amtrapid, Rslib72 and ZiN like this.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Scoobie Noobie

dan@tokyomotosports at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post
Thanks gents, good to know my car is in good hands. Booked in for a tune on the 18/10 which I was told was the earliest -- Jamie seems to be quite the popular guy.

Hopefully I can get a few pieces sprayed between now and then by Big O followed by a nice detail courtesy of Oli.
Just to explain why the 18th was the soonest as we don't normally like to keep people waiting.

One of our tech's is away for 4 weeks as his wife has had a baby and Jamie is having to catch up on a few complicated diagnostic jobs which we don't want to keep the customers waiting even longer.

As soon as those are done and Phil is back in the workshop, we will back up to our normal waiting time which is usually around a week but can be sometimes be squeezed in.

We are happy to take on all Opensource / Verso Tunes and of course ECUTek.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:08 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan@tokyomotosports View Post
Just to explain why the 18th was the soonest as we don't normally like to keep people waiting.

One of our tech's is away for 4 weeks as his wife has had a baby and Jamie is having to catch up on a few complicated diagnostic jobs which we don't want to keep the customers waiting even longer.

As soon as those are done and Phil is back in the workshop, we will back up to our normal waiting time which is usually around a week but can be sometimes be squeezed in.

We are happy to take on all Opensource / Verso Tunes and of course ECUTek.
I think giving a date and sticking to it is far better than giving a date next week and canceling etc...at least people know where they stand!

I am not saying you have done this I am stating that it is better for a customer to have a realistic book in date rather than it coninually moving.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:36 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakynuts View Post
I think giving a date and sticking to it is far better than giving a date next week and canceling etc...at least people know where they stand!

I am not saying you have done this I am stating that it is better for a customer to have a realistic book in date rather than it coninually moving.
This. One timeiwas booked on at ASG for a tune. I took the day off work, hired a trailer, and borrowed the old mans car to tow it. Drive across town from sout of freo to malaga, only to be told seans off with family issues. Thats cool, but why didnt they tell me before hand so ididnt waste alll that effort...
Sneakynuts and ZiN like this.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:01 PM

yeahnah at standard level

My experience is similar, I've been holding fire on this for too long.

I was booked in for dump/headers and tune.
Arrived around 9am, coming from Rockingham and told ol tatts that I'd wait locally, as I had no where else to go.
Also told him that there was a flat spot in third and asked for that to be passed along to the tuner.

So I kill myself in malaga for the entire day and get a call around 3pm saying that the car won't be finished today.
No courtesy, nothing just blunt.

So I call my bro to pick me up from joondalup and after dropping him home, I hit the freeway peak-hour in his piece of shit x-trail.

So back up the next day, fuck around getting his car back and get dropped back to the workshop.

Usual story, keys back and pay with no courtesy what so ever from blink182, not even a simple explaination or apology for the massive fuck around.

So drive home and the flat spot is still there.
Get home to check the new parts and there's no fucking undertray.

Call up and 'oh yeah they melt with headers so we didn't put it back on'. Again just arrogance.
No putting it in the boot and telling me.
So I had to wait until until my next trip to Perth then get to Malaga just to pick up my parts.

And BTW I've put some ebay self adhesive silver foil and haven't had a problem.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:09 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

It is true that headers cause the under tray to melt. If it hasnt happened to yours yet, it just means your not driving it hard enough.... haha
nwt1976 (23-10-2016)

Tags
perth, workshops