Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Scoobie Noobie

birds at standard level
Default 1997 WRX rough idle no power

Hey guys,

I was put onto PerthWRX by a friend because I'm having a little trouble with mine.

As the title says, I have a 1997 GC8 WRX and at the moment shes a bit sick.

It idles really rough and when I put my foot door it just splutters and not much happens at all. I have replaced the spark plugs, and spark leads but still nothing. My next option was to replace the coil packs and see what happens.

I know its a long shot to diagnose with such little info but just wanted to know if anyone has come across the same problem or if there is a known issue with this model. There is also a smell of fuel when I put my foot down which led me to think the fuel wasn't burning which is why I've started to replace the spark related parts. But I'm still unsure because when I check the spark using a plug in tester I am still getting spark, whether or not its a poor faint spark its hard to tell.

Any info or help is much appreciated thank you!
06STI likes this.

Tags
1997, idle, power, rough, wrx