Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2006, 05:43 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Köura at standard level
Default Cars that go Psssh

Searched forums, couldn't find much on this.

http://www.gofastbits.com.au/

"Leaking factory (BOV) valves: Some factory valves have systems designed into them to crack open at high boost, in order to protect the engine from boost spikes. They do this by designing the pressure to be unequal on the top an bottom of the valve, thereby overcoming the spring at a certain pressure.

If you are intentionally raising the boost level, this is bad news as the valve will begin to leak pressure. Examples of factory valves which exhibit this behaviour are the Subaru WRX MY95-98, and MY01-04, Mitsubishi Lancer GSR, and Nissan 200SX to name a few. Replacing these valves when increasing the boost is a good idea."

I thought (loud) aftermarket BOV's are a load of wank, we all know they don't do anything for hp but do some stock bov actually leak (on purpose) under higher than stock boost (due to mods)? Never knew this...

I'm just starting to mod my car but don't want to waste money...according to the aformentioned paragraphs, the stock bov in my MY00 will be fine...

Just wont be a "car that goes psssh"

Have most people got an aftermarket BOV regardless of other mods? Is it purely for show? Just seems to me it's a mod that is easy and cheap, adds no performance and one that the cops will take pleasure putting on a sticker for. Doesn't make sence!

Tags
cars, psssh