Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Which Mechanic do u TRUST (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/9867-mechanic-do-u-trust.html)

pmh 29-01-2007 06:08 PM

Easiest is to go and pay the workshop a visit. Don't call. You get a better idea of a place by going there and seeing what sort of attention and service you get.
Ask lots of questions, as Mr. 2 said, educate yourself and less likely to be ripped off.

maddog 29-01-2007 06:09 PM

Because you have an aftermarket ECU, namely Autronics you are not really restricted, most shops can look after you. RMS, Tenagah or ASG and good old X Speed are all very competent for Autronics tuning.

I use Tony Flood/Flood Motorsports for my mechanical works/ Engine/Gearbox/Diffs etc. Why? Tony's prices regularly beat the rest and his quality is second to none.

and Exleys Tyre and Brake in Willeton for...you guessed it ;)

dwrx 29-01-2007 07:24 PM

just had my car serviced at ASG, had about 15000 grand of work done by RMS but moved over to ASG...got recomended, and the guys seem cool, looking forward to getting them to do some more stuff for me :)

mr_psi 29-01-2007 07:36 PM

ASG thumbs UP!

American Dave 29-01-2007 08:12 PM

Sean at ASG gets big thumbs up from me. I have also used RMS and been very happy with their work. You also have Maximum Motorsport in Malaga who are very well known and respected rally car builders and mechanics. Add RT, Xspeed you can see there are plenty of choices here in Perth but all are busy so book ahead. I still believe as others have said previously, do as much as you can yourself! My 2 cents.

207 de 29-01-2007 08:21 PM

Racetorque would be a good one since you have an Autronic ecu. I have had lots of work done there from services to turbo's, brakes, suspension, complete spec C engine rebuilds, you name it, they can do it. Straight shooters, will tell you if they think something is not necessary or foklore....Mind you, one needs to establish a rapport with a workshop before expecting them to bend over backwards for you...

Negatives can be; price, usually competitive but can blow out when things go wrong. Time; they are often very busy as are heavily involved in the Asia Pacific Rally Championships. Communication; Always ask to speak with Lane, Dave or Lindsay, often the guy that answers the phone will not know the full story when your doing complex stuff...

DAN682 29-01-2007 09:22 PM

RMS all the way, 100% top service, top blokes, the most honest mechanics this side of Baghdad by far!

11secWrx 29-01-2007 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682]RMS all the way, 100% top service, top blokes, the most honest mechanics this side of Baghdad by far![/QUOTE]

2nd and 3rd that.

they have good taste in booz also and the fridge is always stocked

adamh 29-01-2007 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave]Sean at ASG gets big thumbs up from me. [/QUOTE]

Seconded

Yeah 29-01-2007 10:48 PM

Done most of my car's work at RMS. I cannot tel u that they are the best coz i only been to a few workshop not all.

But the service and the way they treat u at RMS is fairly polite and gd. I would highly recommend them if u need some help for ur car.

Gd luck wit it mate ;)

Yeah