Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SiriX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SiriX

Hey Stinga,

Not that i've ever stayed at the Banksia Gardens, but aparently they're quiet nice, The Dog Rock hotel has a resteraunt called "Resteraunt Rocks" the head chef i know quiet well Greg Peppel (might have spelt his last name slightly wrong) anyways, he's won quiet a few gold plate awards over the years, so he's definatly quiet good in the kitchen. other places you might like to try (but i'd book now) would be The Wild Duck, a gourmet type place, but i will say they'd have one of the best fillet steaks i've ever eaten ... very nice, but very expensive, the owner is a fellow rex owner, but he's not *yet* part of the club... just havnt got around to speaking with him. also you might want to try out Dylans if you want a cheaper, but still very nice meal, they do more of your steak / burgers etc... also im not sure in terms of opening times, but there's another resteraunt called Lavender Cottage, also do very very nice meals, they're a french couple that own it so it's gourmet, but not over the top like some places, and the food is spectacular... again, not cheap, but cheaper than The Wild Duck.

If you've not been down here before, be sure to "The Spark Plug" on Mt Melville (it's a lookout) for not only the views, but the fun drive up & back ... you might also want to visit the windmills out on Frenchman's bay road, i'd say go visit the whaling station, and Frenchman's bay, but they're doing road works out there, and the road is gravel for a very large length of it, so im guessing you might not want to go out there, which means you cant get to the blow holes or the gap at the moment without getting your car covered in gravel dust.

Hope that's given you some ideas...

Also if your still around on Sunday i think we're planning on doing a bit of a cruise, you'd be welcome to join us, it'd be late morning, so you'd still have plenty of time to head back to Perth.

Cheers,

SiriX
Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

stinga at standard level

Cheers for that Sirix, yeah I did the touristy things when we first moved to Oz, decided we gonna do 1 night in Albany and then boot back upto Margs for another couple on Sat, I need to get some kms on the car for FBT..
Thanks for the heads up on a place for a decent feed as well!
Al

Last edited by stinga; 12-02-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Tags
accomadation, albany