Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Happy reading Bomber fans - http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL...of-charges.pdf
American Dave likes this.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 21-08-2013, 11:36 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

They AFL also listed a long series of failing by the Bombers, which they said created the circumstances for that to occur.

They included that the Bombers:

engaged in practices that exposed players to significant risks to their health and safety as well as the risk of using substances that were prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code.

disregarded standard practices involving the human resources department when employing high performance manager Dean Robinson and sports scientist Stephen Dank, both have whom have since left the club.

failed to devise or implement any adequate system or process to ensure that all substances provided to and used by players were safe and were compliant with the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code.

failed to have proper regard to player health and safety, including failing to ensure that all substances had no potentially negative effects on players.

failed to identify and record the source from which all substances used by players were obtained.

failed to adequately monitor and record the use of substances.

failed to audit or monitor all substances held on the premises of the club.

failed to meaningfully inform players of the substances the subject of the program and obtain their informed consent to the administration of the substances.

failed to take any appropriate and adequate action when it became aware of facts that strongly suggested that unsatisfactory and potentially risky practices were occurring in relation to the administration of supplements.

created or permitted a culture at the club that legitimised and encouraged the frequent, uninformed and unregulated use of the injection of supplements.

failed to adequately protect the health, welfare and safety of the players.
Old 21-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

This bit's great:

"88. Patient A used the services of Alavi’s Como Compounding Pharmacy to fill Willcourt’s scripts. In respect of his Amino Acid treatment, Patient ‘A’ personally bought two large (500ml) vials of Amino Acid over-the-counter at a local chemist in Mexico without a prescription.

89. Patient A states that he had loaned the Amino Acid to Hooper on the understanding that Doctor Hooper intended to show them to the Club.

90. Hooper states that 34 Essendon players were injected with an Amino Acid compound sourced by Patient A from a Chemist in Mexico. The identity and integrity of the commodity was inferred by Hooper from labelling without independent or professional verification. Additionally, the Amino Acid appears to have been in storage at HyperMED for a considerable time prior to its use.

91. Save for the above, Hooper does not know the content or source of the amino acids he injected into the players at HyperMed."
American Dave likes this.
Collie - 50.77
Old 21-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

I don't have time to respond to this but thought I should post something useful...............................I hope they wrap Demetrious balls in cellophane before they deliver them to him after the AFL loses this court case and Essendon gains the top 10 draft picks in 2017 when it finally ends as a result.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 21-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Deny, deny, deny....
American Dave and RUSSGT like this.
Collie - 50.77
Old 21-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMB3R View Post
I don't have time to respond to this but thought I should post something useful...............................I hope they wrap Demetrious balls in cellophane before they deliver them to him after the AFL loses this court case and Essendon gains the top 10 draft picks in 2017 when it finally ends as a result.
Jaron,

Serious question from someone looking at this saga from a commercial perspective. What do Essendon have to gain by dragging this out? Assuming they delay it long enough to avoid any penalties this season on current form they will bow out in the first week of the finals. Does anyone really care that they made the finals?

Regardless of whether they are guilty or not IMHO they should take the pain this year. It is in everyones interest to get this over and done with and start pre season for next year.

Hypothetically it gets dragged out to half way through next year and the EFC get 100% exonerated (unlikely but best case scenario) they will have had it hanging over them for another 12 months and played at 90% and realistically their 2014 campaign will be stuffed aswell.

At the end of the day it does not really matter anymore who is right or wrong or even what the repercussions are if the club still has this hanging over their head.

Thoughts?

Brendon
Old 21-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

Hi Brendon,

I see exactly where you are coming from and trust me it has crossed my mind as well and it would definitely be preferable to take the hit this year and not next but........by doing that we are admitting guilt, what is worse a few bad seasons or a lifetime of something like this against your name?

At the end of the day as I have said before the only winners out of this will be the lawyers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

Old 21-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
Deny, deny, deny....
Innocent until proven guilty?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

Old 21-08-2013, 01:37 PM
The Modulator

Bomber Thompson "I am 90% not guilty"

LOL it's always the last 10% that gets you in the end
Dinhgy likes this.
Old 21-08-2013, 02:03 PM
The Modulator

The letter from Dr Bruce Reid

Dear James/Paul,

I have some fundamental problems being club doctor at present.

This particularly applies to the administration of supplements.

Although we have been giving supplements for approximately three months, despite repeated requests as to exactly what we are giving our players and the literature related to this, have at no time been given that until last Sunday [15 January 2012]. Last week the players were given subcutaneous injections, not by myself, and I had no idea that this was happening and also what drug was involved.

It appears to me that in Sydney with Rugby League the clubs do not answer to the governing body (e.g. A.F.L.). It seems that their whole culture is based on trying to beat the system as are close to the edge as one can. It is my belief in A.F.L. that we should be winning flags by keeping a drug free culture.

It is all very well to say this is not banned and that is not banned but for example, the injection that we have given our players subcutaneously, was a drug called AOD/9604, is an Oligomeric Peptide. This drug is derived from the growth hormone.

This molecule has been constructed so it has removed what we call IGF1, which is part of the growth hormone that causes muscle and organ growth and bone length and photosynthesis.

It is at the moment used for fat metabolism but also bone strength in children and may have some side effects that may be beneficial in bone growth. This to me just seem ludicrous at this stage where the only trials I have got are on how to lost weight and fat around the abdomen.

If we are resorting to deliver this altered growth hormone molecule, I think we are playing at the edge and this will read extremely badly in the press for our club and for the benefits and also for side effects that are not known in the long term, I have trouble with all these drugs.

I am still not sure whether AOD/9604 is approved by the drug authorities in Australia at this stage. Just because it is not classified as illegal, doesn’t mean that it can be used freely in the community, it cannot. The other interesting thing about AOD/9604, is that its market in America is in body builders. This also should raise a red flag if we are worried about perception.

When it comes to Actovegin, this has been used around the world for many years. There is some flimsy evidence that it may help in speeding up the healing of tendons when they are damaged, though after speaking to radiologists, the recent opinion is that platelets and one’s own blood, probably does a better job.

We are claiming that we should use it as a recovery agent. To me it seems ludicrous that a few mls of calf’s blood spun down, is going to give you a concentration of growth factors and other factors that would speed up recovery.

I am very frustrated by this and now feel I am letting the club down by not automatically approving of these things. I need to collect my thoughts as these drugs have been given without my knowledge.

I am sure Steve Danks believes that what we are doing is totally ethical and legal, however, one wonders whether if you take a long stance and look at this from a distance, whether you would want your children being injected with a derivative hormone that is not free to the community and whether calf’s blood, that has been used for many years and is still doubted by most doctors, is worth pursuing.

'''Kind Regards
Dr. Bruce Reid
M.B.B.S.
Senior Medical Officer'''

Tags
afl, chicks, cockburn dockers, dribble, go the wigglessss, hey bro you holding?, i'd tap that, men, naked, shorts, thread, toit, watch