Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I am talking about when you are not doing anything wrong. not speeding etc. Why should you be targeted? It is BS.

Thats why I do the "Evade and Escape" tactic. Just keep going straight until traffic blocks their view and then cruise down the next side street and pull into someones garage.

I find if you drive the length of a street someone has the garage open.
Old 14-04-2007, 05:37 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
Unfortunately I have to agree with Simon on this one....

If the Police want to enforce a questionable Speed Zone changes and not target drink drivers, those not wearing a seatbelt and chasing fuckers like those that broke into my house again...
I too do the duck in to a side street and avoid the main route home now as well. Works especially well at night and if you know the area......

J
That reminds me Jamie, I'll have a look and see where that incident is at for ya. As for taking side streets to get home, stop driving past the cop shop then haha.
Old 14-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

whinge whinge whinge....

i do wonder sometimes if giddy gets tired of reading some of the stuff in this forum flaming cops

Theres no point complaining about ANY offence you get fined for, no matter how small or how picky you think the officer is being (it may suck, but thats life, and thats the rules), whether he caught you doing 10kph over the limit 5m passed a sign, or 1km passed a sign, in the end, its still a broken law. Now yes, some cops may let you off with a warning, but its still their job.

As for someone complaining about a road rule pamphlet or something.....that would cost a fortune, and besides, its just as easy to either look at the website, or, go and get a road rule booklet. As I was told when I passed my test for my license, its YOUR responsibility to keep current with road rules (as Im sure giddy will agree) the police's responibility is to enforce the rules.
Old 14-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
Why don't they release a fucken pamphlet that tell's everyone the current road rule's or laws. They change them so often, how are we supposed to keep up. Like going thru round-a-bouts, do you indicate left if ur going left, right if ur going right, then left to exit the round-a-bout when you are past the last exit... Fuck knows...
I dont know where you got the idea that the procedure for a round-a-bout has changed, its still the same rules for a round-a-bout since I got my licence, and that was 8 years ago.

If turning left, indicate left on approach to the round-a-bout, and continue incating until you have exited the round-a-bout.

If going straight ahead, enter the round-a-bout (without indicators), when you get to 45deg, or last exit before, indicate left to signal your exit, leave indicator on until you have exited the round-a-bout.

If turning right, indicate right on approach to round-a-bout, continue indicating right until you are 45deg or last exit before, then signal left and leave indicator on until you have exited.

I see very few people get this right, and quite frankly it baffles me as to why, its not exactly a hard thing to do.
Old 14-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
I dont know where you got the idea that the procedure for a round-a-bout has changed, its still the same rules for a round-a-bout since I got my licence, and that was 8 years ago.

If turning left, indicate left on approach to the round-a-bout, and continue incating until you have exited the round-a-bout.

If going straight ahead, enter the round-a-bout (without indicators), when you get to 45deg, or last exit before, indicate left to signal your exit, leave indicator on until you have exited the round-a-bout.

If turning right, indicate right on approach to round-a-bout, continue indicating right until you are 45deg or last exit before, then signal left and leave indicator on until you have exited.

I see very few people get this right, and quite frankly it baffles me as to why, its not exactly a hard thing to do.
This is perfectly how I use a round about - However .. If i am going straight through .. I rarely indicate to exit, I don't think it is neccssary, as the people to my right, don't see my indicating to turn right ..
Old 14-04-2007, 06:20 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
This is perfectly how I use a round about - However .. If i am going straight through .. I rarely indicate to exit, I don't think it is neccssary, as the people to my right, don't see my indicating to turn right ..
Going straight through you still need to indicate left when you're half way through, as a courtesy to the people entering from that location. So they dont think your a retard whos going to turn right without having indicated like the 90% of people do. If they think you're going to turn in front of them, they have to stop and its a pain in the butt

Safety on the road = remove all doubt about what people think you are going to do.
Old 14-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
Going straight through you still need to indicate left when you're half way through, as a courtesy to the people entering from that location.
Yeah i knooowww .. It's sad that they may still think that i'm going to turn right, even though I'm not indicating to do so ..

Perfect example which shows how shit WA drivers are.

When entering a round a bout with a little bit of speed .. I think people on the other side notice that and make a judgement that you aren't going to turn right if you're not indicating to do so .. But yeah, i know what you're saying.

Last edited by RichX; 14-04-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Tags
law