Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat
Default Things to see and do in Singapore??

Unless something crazy happens to Tiger Airways im off to singa's at the end of next week for a little while and have NFI what to do or see.

Where staying at the Novotel and i know my mrs and her friend will be shopping a fair bit but i definitely wont be...

I know one day i'll go across to Sentosa Island and im going to book a dive with the Dugong and do the aqaurium thing, but other than that any must sees or do's?

Good places to take some pics?

Places to stay away from?
Old 17-05-2007, 12:33 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level

Changhi prison is pretty cool. Also go see the zoo and night safari if your into that kind of stuff.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

+2 for the night safari

Mohammad Mustafa store in little india for any shopping needs, it is fuckn huge with all genuine stuff going so cheap. Just ask a taxi driver to take you there, they all know where to go.

Sim Lim Square for phones and Computers
Funan Centre for more computers

Sentosa Island for the butterfly enclosure, chili crabs, botanical gardens and the merlion. (Take a glass bottom cable car, it rocks)

Orchard Road for overpriced shopping
And ride the MRT it rocks.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Mat,

Call me over the weekend. I love Singapore, and i'll tell u exactly what U MUST see and do while ur there..
Old 17-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

Mustafa store is also open 24hours
Shops are open til 930 every night and til 12 on the last Friday every month on Ochard rd.
Sim Lim is IMO abit dodgy goto Funan for electronics never accept the first price they offer, you can always beat down the price.
Paragon and Takashimya (Ngee Ann city) is all the high end brand shops are

Nightlife is pretty good also but don't expect a cheap nite out a Tiger beer will cost around $10SGD and premium beer will be around $13SGD.
Chijmes is a old convent/school been converted into a entertainment complex with bars,clubs,restaurants(they even have a Hogs Breath here)etc
http://www.chijmes.com.sg/
Also the New Asia bar on top floor (80th floor) of the Swissotel has great views of the city and its just around the corner from Chiijmes.
Also check out Clarke quay area there are a few more clubs including the MOS club.

Singapore is most likely one of the safest cities in the world so I would not worry about anything, Places like Gaylang which is the redlight district is safe for travelers which also has heaps of roadside restaurants if your looking for some local food.
Also Newton Circus is worth a visit if your into the hawker stands.

Last edited by Sethor; 17-05-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 17-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682

Sentosa Island for the butterfly enclosure, chili crabs, botanical gardens and the merlion. (Take a glass bottom cable car, it rocks)
It sure does rock, also... the mrs cries if u keep rocking it when she told you to stop
Old 17-05-2007, 01:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

dabomb789 at standard level

omg, no one mentioned about the cheap auto parts available... audio headunits, gauges, rims, bucket seats... with the rising aussie currency, pls take advantage of that... I miss the food too sniff'
Old 17-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

I doubt they have many parts for a XR6 Turbo in Singapore
Old 17-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Take advantage of the nightlife. Everythings open until 10PM +.

Clarke Quay is the place to go for bars/drinking. Heaps of classy bars and nice places to eat (Eg. Hooters ) and Ministry of Sound nightclub is there. You'll have a ball at that place, and its open for 5 days of the week.

Check out St. James as well, Or the old St. James Power station (whichever of the two its called). Was being built last year while i was there, and just recently opened (ready for my arrival next month ). It's 9 clubs in one building, all on one cover charge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_Power_Station - Gives you a quick description - Their homepage: http://www.powerhouse.sg/.

The other popular club 'Zouk' is also worth checking out. They have a bit of a different style to MOS (which is more focused on commercial hip hop/dance). Something along the lines of trip hop, breaks, electronic, etc.

Definately don't expect a cheap night out. Only cheap thing is the taxi ride home.
Old 17-05-2007, 02:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682

Mohammad Mustafa store in little india for any shopping needs, it is fuckn huge with all genuine stuff going so cheap. Just ask a taxi driver to take you there, they all know where to go.
Lol you know I went to that place and I gotta tell you, as a white guy, you feel soooooo out of place. It is literally India in the middle of Singapore.

To be honest though I didn't really think there was anything worth buying there... It was just a whole bunch of random indian style jewelery, food and electronic stuff. Not sure if I'd trust the electronics too...

Tags
singapore, things