Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Köura
Just do 6 & 3 roster.....like me :-(

I know for sure I want a happy pilot, not pissed off one.

Why not let them have a slice of the iron pie? They've got us by the scruff of the nuts really...this boom carring the economy.
Same reason ESS pay their cooks screw all and get monkeys. Whats the best way to stuff moral on site. Crap food but they don't seam to give a shit either.
Old 31-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
Beat me to it.

Check your itenary that uncle nev gives you.
its got national jet written all over it
Noooo Uncy Nev......lol

I gotta go by the 11th haha otherwise i wont be able to go to the drags.

And dont even get me started on the food at Wedgefield in Porthedland. I didnt want shitty battered fish, so i asked for a cooked steak, not only did it take 25 minutes to aparently cook, it was shit small and the cook that made it, gave me and my mate flying dagger stare. I mean if looks could kill, we'd be 6ft under.

I was under the impression that when it said, QantasLink-National Jet Systems it ment, its a jetsystem, that flew nationally.

Last edited by Elrico; 31-08-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 31-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Fingers crossed we are likely to turf Nat Jet as it is end of contract and not happy with them on site. Hopefully new contract is ready to swing in time.
Pretty hard to have happy workers and a reliable service when the boss is screwing the workers over to line his own pockets with very fat bonuses!!!

Skywest, Skippers, Alliance etc are barely better. Its called too much work and not enough worker bees (or aircraft or engineers)!!!
Old 31-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
Be stoked if it was to go back to work.
Devastated if stuck there but.
at first you would be...but later on when you dont get paid coz you didnt work i dont think you would be
Old 31-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

nightrider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
...the company had said it did not want a collective agreement because it got more benefits negotiating individual contracts directly with pilots. He said some pilots earned less than truck drivers.

"We are the lowest-paid airline pilots in Australia," the pilot said. "This is just about achieving entitlements already agreed to under the existing AWAs."

The pilots will have to hold a secret ballot before taking strike action and affected companies could move under Work Choices to head them off in the Industrial Relations Commission on the grounds of damage to the Australian economy.[/I]
Great example of how these new IR laws at work....bloody takeAWAys
Good thing its election time soon.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Work No-Choices!!!!

Good onya Howard for letting big business screw the workers. Then if they complain or stand up for themselves force them to go back to work if it hurts the economy!!!

Australia is slowly turning into a fucking Dictatorship not a Democracy!!!!!

Last edited by WRXTASY; 31-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Have any of u actually read the new work choices laws? How about you go have a read and see what u think.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Thumbs down

How many tomes does it come to ?
Do I need a law degree and an expensive silk to interpret ?

I'm 16 years old and just starting in my first job, do you think I would have a clue about Work No-Choices and takeAWAys ?

I'm from overseas on a Tempory work Visa and cannot read or write english very well, what does Work-No Choices mean ?

My boss tell me I will be made redundant, even though the economy is booming. I think I better sign this AWA or I will get the sack ?

If you believe that business in Australia is not exploiting its workers you are completely out of touch along with little Jhonny. Move outside the big cities into regional and rural areas (away from WA) and see how hard lower paid workers are doing it.

Up until the last few years i have never been really interested in Politics. But since the introduction of this draconion legislation, that needs a lawyer to interpret it. The more vulnerable sections of the community have been feeling the pinch.

Want to buy a home and have a family on an average wage, forget about it in this life time. Those higher up the food chain have put paid to that with real estate speculation and negative gearing incentives.

Last edited by WRXTASY; 31-08-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

labor policies look worse....

from what ive seen of them anyway. i dont really go hunting policies.

1 benefit from the government not wanting my vote.

but back on topic.

rumor was that they earn about 65k a year. that about par with a brain dead truck driver.

(no apologies to brain dead truck drivers, ive seen you fuck too many trucks)

id be wanting more too. especially considering it costs to gert training to a commercial pilots license.

Last edited by the kiwi; 31-08-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 31-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

You are all a bunch of idiots if this is how you think.

Since you are all so clever about how 'terrible' these new Work Choice Laws are, go and compare the new laws to the previous laws. Or perhaps you would like most small business to shut the doors should the unions get the powers they are wanting.

Answers to anyones questions regarding new agreements, call the ombudsman to go through your contract (assuming you earn under $75,000 - over that you should be smart enough to work it out yourself or get your own advice).

Oh and as for the 'I'm 16 what do I know blah..' line. If you are under 18 you need a parent or guardian to sign your agreement.

Seriously guys, read up about these things before opening your traps. Union adverts on TV are propaganda to get the changes they want. Not the changes the workers require. If it all gets scrapped, I'll be waiting to hear everyone whinge when WA workers need to go on less money since on average we are paid higher than our eastern states counterparts.

Tags
boom, mining, pilots, strike, threatens, wa