Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-2007, 10:07 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

remember kids

a vote for labor, is a vote for compulsary unionism.

(now try to work out if if this comment was sarcastic)
Old 31-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

A vote for labor just proves your brain dead and not just faking it.

Why don't you vote labor despite the fact that they bankrupted WA in the 80's have had a string of failed infrastructure projects (rail, then bus lanes, then rail again). Why don't you vote labor despite the fact that they have a complete inability to manage finances and can only manage money by raising more taxes. WA is the highest taxed state on earth apart from switzerland and some other tax havens, but at least you can get a hospital bed in the Jersey islands.

Workchoices enabled me to employ a whole range of people who I otherwise wouldn't have.

Labor are so stupid and the voters who support them even dumber. Labor logic is that two higher paid workes and 3 unemployed ones is better than 5 fully employed people on AWA's, probably earning more money due to the manpower shortages everywhere.

If you can't get a job in this country with record unemployment then you are simply dole bludging.

As far as pilots go. Just get megan to fly the plane! INSURANCE FTW!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 AM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

What makes me laugh is the pilots are complaining that truck drivers get paid more than them.....well fuck me, they work 12+ hours a day!!!!
Pilots do what....maybe 4-8hours worth of flying? Tired cunts need to harden the fark up!

Well looks like i may be stuck here in telfer......then again, the boss here is looking at getting our own charter flight and getting rid of National (westrac)jet (yes, their planes are about as reliable as a westrac serviced truck/drill)
Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Exclamation

Well I wonder how much training it takes to drive one of those trucks ?

Does it take years and years, and thousands of hours and thats after you have forked out hundreds of thousands of dollars to even get to the required level where decent money is earned ?

And even then if you have to transfer to fly a new jet aircraft, these days you will be required to PAY 30k for training once again. And the training could take anywhere from 3-8 months.

Walk in off the street to a company like QANTAS and ask if they have any jet pilots job and see how far you get. They will probably have you locked up for being insane!!

How much skill is actually required to cart thousands of tonnes or iron ore from one spot to another ?

Do you get re-tested 5 times a year ?

Never have a proper sleep pattern, be sleep deprived most of the time and then be expected to perform at your optimum during the most critical time in bad weather. ie landing.

Do you have the potential to kill hundreds of lives with a truck if you get it wrong or have a bad day ?

Yeah Pilots jobs just come in a box of cornflakes these days. I've heard to be a Surgeon too that you just have to cut open a box of weetbix properly in the correct place without spilling any!!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

I have found this interesting article from one of the Pilots involved:

Quote:
To all those kidding themselves that Workchoices gives you a choice think again. For over 2 years now I have not been paid my entitlements in my current AWA. I have been subject to threats of retrenchments in a Booming mining sector related industry and pressured into signing flawed agreements to keep my job. I have even had to pay for the cost of training on new aircraft to retain my job.
This coercion to sign AWA's is before the Office Of Workplace Services with NJS facing the Federal Magistrates court over this issue as well as non payment of legal AWA entitlements. NJS my employer is now using AWA to play one group off Pilots off against the other.
I have over 10 years service with the company and will not get promoted unless I sign an AWA with lower conditions than I was previously on. Those that have refused to sign have seen their promotions given to Junior Pilots with just over 2 years experience flying regional jets.
Can you imagine the sort of problems such as resentment and anger leading to teamwork breakdown, that this is going to create inside a complex cockpit when I fly an aircraft with a newly promoted (less experienced) junior pilot who has taken my promotion by signing an AWA with lowered entitlements.
NJS management is using AWA's to create a system whereby nepotism, favouritism and more seriously, pilot victimisation can become rife. Our employer NJS refuses to negotiate over a Collective Agreement because its easier to play one group of Pilots off against the other.
Promotion based on experience, pilot skill and seniority no longer exist within National Jet. Its all about the bottom line in the end and erosion of basic workers rights and entitlements.
Safety and maintenance appear to be a secondary concern for them. I ask you is this how the public want an apparent "Safe" airline to operate ?

Ironically by NJS abusing AWA's and workers rights, we now have a majority of our Pilots as TWU members. Never before in 17 years of operation of the company has this happened. We have NJS and Work-No Choices to thank for that!!

Posted by: Frank the NJS Pilot of Up in Skies 6:43pm August 31, 2007
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...6-2761,00.html
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoose
Have any of u actually read the new work choices laws? How about you go have a read and see what u think.

+1

Make your own mind up. We all know the media is as straight as Ian thorpe.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

sell up shares or hold on and this'll blow over.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Nvm the shares, I need to get to work!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X]
What makes me laugh is the pilots are complaining that truck drivers get paid more than them.....well fuck me, they work 12+ hours a day!!!!
Pilots do what....maybe 4-8hours worth of flying? Tired cunts need to harden the fark up!
Hmm 4-8hours flying... not necessarily and even so it's still a fair bit of flying time... because of the pilot shortage majority of our pilots are doing doubles/split doubles/back to backs... going over a 12hour day a lot of the time. I can imagine it would be the same for National Jet at the moment. It is tough, gets very tiring, I don't do too many shifts like that but when I do you certainly feel it!

Not sure how true it is but 1hour working in the air is apparently equal to 2hours working on the ground. Theres a lot of factors to take into account. It doesn't matter how many hours you work... more importantly the conditions, the stress levels, the environment etc.

Now I'm not going to say who's job is harder but WRXTASY is right pilots spend a lot of money and a lot of time training and learning to get where they are. Majority are still paying off their training. They also have other peoples lives on their hands to worry about.

From personal experience working in the industry and knowing what kind of rosters they are working, they definitely deserve a pay increase.

My 2cents.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 01-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
Why don't you vote labor despite the fact that they have a complete inability to manage finances and can only manage money by raising more taxes. WA is the highest taxed state on earth apart from switzerland and some other tax havens
Im pretty sure, and do correct me if im wrong, that we are currently under a Liberal Government. So if Labour are bad at having high taxes, yet we are one of the highest in the world at this point in time, i fail to see your point Simon.

I have not actually read many AWA rules and i might go and have a sus of it. See what the fuss is all about. All i know if im on an EBA at the moment and the ETU are shit.

That is all.

Tags
boom, mining, pilots, strike, threatens, wa