Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Silent at standard level
Talking latest traffic experiences

First i'd just to say as some of you would have guessed alot of people on WA either cant drive for fucking shit, or they Choose to drive like a wanker.

i mean you get all sorts of wankers, some dicks in SS commodores, Guys in Hondas who think their car is fast and their sooo short they can't even see above their dash, people who fail to signal, fail to give way, i could go on and write you a story book. But i must say ive had just about the worse experiences with drivers lately. However the last 3 just blew all the minor ones away

First one

So im driving to work, not hammering my car or anything just another day towards work. Driving down tonkin hwy, nobody tailgaiting me, nobody speeding or doing anything too stupid at the time, Seems like nothing can happen right.
Then all the sudden i saw the car next to me getting closer and closer, i was thinking "is this guy asleep on the wheel" then i noticed HE was actually switching lanes, forget checking blind spots mate.. he just switched straight into me, touching my side mirror with his. Not only did that piss me off i did not evne have time to honk as i was quick to take to the service lane and speed in front to avoid any major accident. Had i been somewhat unlucky and there was a car already on the service lane there would have been bigger collision. All in all as angry as i was i let it go and continued my journey towards work. Probably took it out my anger on my fellow workmates though

2nd incident

After having a long night at work, (place drives me insane) driving back i was at nichloson rd having taken albany back home instead of tonkin. I noticed the car in front of me some 4wd of some sort was not accelerating all to quickly so i looked to switch to the right lane, all of the sudden dickhead in a old SS commodore flies past me. Next thing you know we are lined up at the traffic lights. The typical im looking at, windows down, subs banging and those stuipd chrome rims. There he is egging me on for a race, i dont even bother becuase im not interested in loosing my licence as theres a police station up head. So he sprints off and does a massive burnout, strangely enough he didnt go too much over 70 or so which is the speed limit. Then came the roundabout and that specific big roundabout i ussualy take fast just for a quick thrill, him however somehow sensing that i wanted to race him started to speed up. And am i fucking dreaming or is a old SS commodore trying to take a WRX around a roundabout. I was not bothered to much, down 2 gears throw the car in, slamm the pedal to the floor until i reached speed limit passing him before the form one lane. Showimg my amusement for it , gladly rolled down my window and gave him a international fuck you with the middle finger. Next thing you know he crosses onto the dead zone of traffic and pulls out alonso's famous "around the outside move" clearly showing no care at all for the danger it poses passing me on the straight and clearly speeding.

3rd incident and this one blows the rest away in a shit storm.

As i was almost at my workplace, for another night. Spotted a old Honda prelude driving like absolute idiot switching lanes cutting people off and reving that fart cannon of his. Anyway having spotted me after cutting ME off he took to the roundabout turning right and threw it in recklessly, so fast that he almost hit a car who just entered the roundabout. After that we came across a relatively long striaght, well not to long about 400M he speeds off towards the left hand bend at the end of the stretch. And i don't know this guy, he does not know me, i don't know his driving skills so i decided to brake alittle early for the left hander at the end. And im thinking "is this guy going to brake". HE slams on his brakes locks the wheels up, but.... forget turning he doesnt turn at all, he just heads straight for the curve , over it and almost into the tree RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!. The accident was not bad he just damaged his front bumper and suspension probably would have been fuked. i was not impressed mate sorry, that was so shocking it reminded me in formula one where drivers go in to fast and lock up their brakes, but this was comopletely out of the questoin. Mr "i'll hoon my skills on the public roads" just hooned over the curve.

After seing what i saw being the bloke i am i just drove off, but i did notice him reversing out afterwards.

Beating somebody on the public roads via driving like a fuckwit does not prove how fast your car is or how fast a driver it is, however it does prove whos the bigger wanker. All in all i had a good laugh at these morons, and wonder just how the fuck they got their licenses and if they even have one for that matter.

Last edited by Silent; 10-02-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Yeah I've driven all over Europe and the standard of driving over there is so much higher than in Perth. Yeah you get bad drivers, but just not in the quantity you do here.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

rubasu at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubasu

You obviously didn't drive in Southern Italy mate!

I agree though Perth has some real idiots on the roads. I live in Gidgegannup and you really don't want to know how many unexpected off road experiences some visitors on their motorbikes and fast cars seem to have.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

charlie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
First one

So im driving to work, not hammering my car or anything just another day towards work. Driving down tonkin hwy, nobody tailgaiting me, nobody speeding or doing anything too stupid at the time, Seems like nothing can happen right.
Then all the sudden i saw the car next to me getting closer and closer, i was thinking "is this guy asleep on the wheel" then i noticed HE was actually switching lanes, forget checking blind spots mate.. he just switched straight into me, touching my side mirror with his. Not only did that piss me off i did not evne have time to honk as i was quick to take to the service lane and speed in front to avoid any major accident. Had i been somewhat unlucky and there was a car already on the service lane there would have been bigger collision. All in all as angry as i was i let it go and continued my journey towards work. Probably took it out my anger on my fellow workmates though
exact same thing happened to me on south west highway.... not pretty at 'form one lane' signs....
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

I avoid being in people's blind spots because they often don't check, having said that I did enjoy watching a big 4wd nearly roll his car swerving away from a car he was about to merge into, only going 90 and they cannot manoeuvre at all!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

yeah speaking of 4x4 was driving down Roe Hwy about a week ago doing about 80 in the left lane because of traffic so indicated and sped up , moved over to the right lane , no problems until a landcruiser raced up behind me from about 50m back and decided me sittin on 100 was too slow so he sat right on my bumper ... there wasn't any gaps to move back to the left and when there was he raced up the inside and gave me and a mate in the car the finger so of course we returned lol (wish i didn't).. the driver of this 4x4 the had obviously had enough because he then accelerated to leave but then swerved accross into my lane and slamed on the breaks!! missed my car by id say a foot if i was lucky...! anyway i ended up in the middle of Roe Hwy half sideways at about 80km/h (NOT MUCH FUN !) and ended up facin the wrong way in peak hour traffic ! ... we got the plates of the car and went to the new police station on Nicholson Rd and imagine that it closes at 4pm WTF?? went to the one on albany hwy and basically had to fill out a 4 page form about it which nothing will actually be done... the worst part about it was that he had a baby in the back as well as a very young kid and he still acted like an absolute fuckhead!! if people want to kill them selves in a car go for it but when your in control of other peoples lifes why do stupid shit like that !!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubasu
You obviously didn't drive in Southern Italy mate!

What's wrong with south Italy?

They are some of the most efficient drivers in the world imo.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Your stories are nothing new to me, I see that shit and worse every day.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

On the topic of tailgating .. Why the fuck do people tailgate WRX and/or performance cars in general?

For fucks sake, if we could go faster .. we fucking would. I have no respect for people who tailgate me .. which usually results in a road rage incident.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Silent at standard level

They don't ussualy tailgaite you to piss you off, but if they are in a slower lane, they choose to follow a preformance car because they think you are going to speed. And because you follow the speed limit they get frustraited and begin to up it to tailgaiting instead of just following, and they just wait for you to speed up.

Alot of wankers out there are like that, in the end there stuck in a slower lane while you just cruise past them

Tags
experiences, latest, traffic