Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Sir AntiLag

Craig at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
I suffer quite badly from sea sickness but I reckon 99% of it is phycological. I reckon I talk myself into it. I think taking the tablets does bugger all but at least then you think that you will be fine and you are. i.e. they could be sugar and would still have the same effect.
agree
Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 PM
STI Master

feral at standard level

Kwells mate
Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

If you regularly get sea sick you soon find out what works or what's a placebo. Kwells are for minor sufferers
When you start to dry reach blood you need ...Travelcalm! These little beauties really work! They have stronger levels of antihistamine with some caffeine to keep you alert. Take 2 at least 30 minutes before hitting the water. Drink plenty of water and 2 should see you through until you get your sea legs.

The Derwent is pretty good for small Red Snapper,from memory its around the 105 fathom mark...192 meters! Hard work with a 1kg of lead, a couple of Snapper, Penn 6/0, 37kg and a short stroker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Feral, i've found a killa location. End of the trench, 450m++. Fairly large shipwreck Bit like the derwent, but on steroids! Some serious fish apparently but lots of big sharks!
Mat what size reel do you use with how many kg of lead as thats freaken deep to bottom fish
Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
If you regularly get sea sick you soon find out what works or what's a placebo. Kwells are for minor sufferers
When you start to dry reach blood you need ...Travelcalm! These little beauties really work! They have stronger levels of antihistamine with some caffeine to keep you alert. Take 2 at least 30 minutes before hitting the water. Drink plenty of water and 2 should see you through until you get your sea legs.

The Derwent is pretty good for small Red Snapper,from memory its around the 105 fathom mark...192 meters! Hard work with a 1kg of lead, a couple of Snapper, Penn 6/0, 37kg and a short stroker.
Mat what size reel do you use with how many kg of lead as thats freaken deep to bottom fish
If your dry reaching blood, you really should stick to the land...

Yer i think the derwent does lie in about 200m. This other shipwreck was another boat decent boat scuttled by a collins class sub. Some people say it was to show people that they arent useless POS lol.

Dont neccesarily have to be fishing the bottom (bottom fishing FTL- i'd rather have my arms stretched by a decent game fish than pull 15kg of dead weight up from 100m+ ) but the last person i spoke to who fish depths like this used braid on a deep spool alvey. Doesnt really work the best as a) if u dont use a mono backing, it will slip and b) alveys are plain hard work!

I suppose its only a matter of time til 150m+ becomes the norm for deep sea fishing. Commercial guys hammering the same grounds out wide, rec anglers hammering the same inshore grounds isnt a good thing!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
STI Master

feral at standard level

Mat , im keen have to tee up and take the cat out eh , um sinker wise I use a coke can full of lead on a break away line at the moment and have just purchased a deep see winch capable of holding 1000m of braid and mono backing also just purchased a penn torque 300 and Shimano blue rose pe10 so 100kg rated specifically for offshore work . Its different fighting fish from 150 metres on the big boat but I can still take the fish finger out in shallow water 50m approx and manage quite a few big fish its just some thing different fishing the 150 m + when the baits we use are over a kilo squid and two 12 "0s hooks snelled together , big fish big bait , and when you hook one and watch at that depth the line screaming off the reel it means just one thing , hurt .

Tags
days, fishing