Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

UNDRGND at standard level
Default Going to America

Hey All

Going to America next year for 4 weeks and wanted anyones thoughts on the following places: Things to do, see, buy etc...

Road Trip around West Coast
-LA
-San Fransisco
-San Diego
-Vegas Baby - Grand Canyon / Hoover Dam

Ease Coast

-NYC
-Miami
-Florida

Cheers

Chris
Old 21-07-2008, 05:26 AM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

Be a NASCAR driver for a day.
Old 21-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRGND
Hey All

Going to America next year for 4 weeks and wanted anyones thoughts on the following places: Things to do, see, buy etc...

Road Trip around West Coast
-LA
-San Fransisco
-San Diego
-Vegas Baby - Grand Canyon / Hoover Dam

Ease Coast

-NYC
-Miami
-Florida

Cheers

Chris

When your in NYC there is heaps to do and depends on how long you are there you could spend 2 weeks easily ! Probably statue of liberty, empire state building, central park, Yankee stadium, pretty much walk through the city and find a new thing to do everyday if you look....

Florida probably disney world if that really interests you?? As for vegas again you could spend weeks there! grand canyon and hoover dam are a must though both are awesome !! In LA there is a tour that you can do your hotel will have info and it basically goes most of the day and goes through pretty much the main parts of LA like hollywood Rodeo Drive ect...

have an awesome trip the US is awesome already have my next trip there planned
Old 21-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Def do Vegas - Grand Canyon / Hoover Dam.

Hotels have agents they deal through that let you do deals from memory we paid about $120 pp for 3 hr flight over canyon and hoover dam, included transport to and from hotel.

Or rent a car and drive the 45 mins to hoover. Then take the tour walking through tunnels with water pouring down the sides... lol

Def do the rides on top stratosphere tower at the end of the vegas strip.
Old 21-07-2008, 07:45 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

-LA
Universal, 6flags

-Vegas
Try to get to the south ridge if u can, the west one (which is the closest to vegas is run by indians and is a bit tacky, and also a fairly shallow part of the canyon)
If you get a chance head to 'Tryst' which is a club in the Wynn. Make sure you get their early.
Hire a 300c from Thrifty at the airport branch cheap, and drive out to hoover dam

-NYC
MET, Museum of natural history, statue of liberty, Intrepid

-Florida
Head down to daytona beach to visit NASCAR
Kennedy space center
Universal is ok there, and maybe spend a day at disney world, but dont bother spending more than a day at either.
Old 21-07-2008, 07:48 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Sounds like a good trip you got planned there. The coastal highway in California is well worth it. San Fran excellent, LA good for tourists I suppose but really not that great in my opinion. San Diego is alot like Perth and if you are down that far south you might as well go to Tijana, Mexico for the day. NY city is a must, but Miami Florida is not a place I recommend to be honest. New Orleans is a great city to visit during Mardi Gra also.
Old 21-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

San Fran:

Go to Tahoe
Carmel
Napa
Alcatraz and Muir woods.

Vegas.

Go anywhere! It's all good!

I am there in September, looking forward to it. 3rd trip in 2 years.
Old 21-07-2008, 09:06 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

NIX WRX at standard level

I'll second what Dave says - definitely take a spin up/down 101, it's a great drive. Check out the Hearst Castle along the way (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearst_Castle). Though if you've seen something like Versailles you'll laugh to yourself when you hear the tour guides talk it up like it's the most amazing thing since sliced bread... but it's worth a visit.

IMHO give LA a miss (it's a hole) and spend some time a bit further north along the West Coast - if you can push it, head all the way up to Seattle or even Vancouver.

And if you can squeeze it in, stop over in Chicago when you're traveling from the West Coast to the East Coast... yeah I'm biased about this (being my hometown and all) but it's a great city to visit!

East Coast wise... one alternative would be to stay north, visiting places like Boston / D.C. / Philly as well as NYC.

Wherever you go you'll have a great time, just be prepared to stack on about 10 kilos!
Old 21-07-2008, 09:32 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIX WRX
I'll second what Dave says - definitely take a spin up/down 101, it's a great drive. Check out the Hearst Castle along the way (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearst_Castle). Though if you've seen something like Versailles you'll laugh to yourself when you hear the tour guides talk it up like it's the most amazing thing since sliced bread... but it's worth a visit.

IMHO give LA a miss (it's a hole) and spend some time a bit further north along the West Coast - if you can push it, head all the way up to Seattle or even Vancouver.

And if you can squeeze it in, stop over in Chicago when you're traveling from the West Coast to the East Coast... yeah I'm biased about this (being my hometown and all) but it's a great city to visit!

East Coast wise... one alternative would be to stay north, visiting places like Boston / D.C. / Philly as well as NYC.

Wherever you go you'll have a great time, just be prepared to stack on about 10 kilos!
+1 for LA being a hole.
and
+1 for chicago being awesome
Old 21-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Flat Four Father

FFOUR at standard level

LA is a hole but I thought Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive) was worth the effort alone - if you like seeing how the really rich spend their days.

Same goes for South Beach/Miami - hotspot for young people with too much money, but its an amazing place to be IMO, especially at night. Go to Mangos nightclub, bestest place ever!!

San Fran and San Diego are both great, visit Alcatraz and the San Diego Zoo in those 2 places.

Oh and hire a proper sports car (we got a Corvette) and drive Highway 1 a couple of times....such a brilliant piece of road!

Our pics/stories here : http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...light=corvette

MY05 STI track car | VF Clubsport

Tags
america