Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC

Always been a Liberal voter, but am I the only one who thinks Colin Barnett is a tool!!?
Nope, suddenly labour might be a better choice.

..or not.

Useless cunts either side.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

I also hope this is bought up during the election even tho the Airport is not run by the government. More pressure or public funding toward Westralia Airports Corp from the government is needed, this statement is what pisses me off "Limiting the airport to 25 gates with aerobridges is likely to mean that international and domestic passengers at peak times will have to run the gauntlet of Perth's wild winter weather or endure searing summer temperatures."

Last edited by Sethor; 12-08-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 13-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Goofy at standard level

Who to vote for? That's a tough question really seeing as both major parties seem barely able to get their shit in a sock let alone anything else. The last 2 terms from Labor has basically seen Knee-Jerk legislation pandering to the grey vote wowsers in our population. I figure the only way I am going to work out who to vote for is to write a letter and ask them. I'll consider the responses I get back and make my decision from there, if I get no responses then I guess I'll pay my $50 to sit this one out.

I want to find out what my local candidates stances are on
These are a couple of excerpt paragraphs from a draft letter I'm working on
- Hoons VS Drink Driving and why the Performance Car / Bike scene is being demonised under current legislation (read Hoon Laws). I Drive a modified car and I ride modified Bikes, I contribute more to the road system than the general commuter driver yet I am victimised for my mode of transport. I direct your attention to the reports by Glenn Butler (found here http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/09/ar...big_safet.html) and Adele Horing (found here http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=43531&vf=7) stating that Older, unroadworthy cars and drink driving are greater contributing factors to road accidents and road deaths than hooning, yet these are 2 major elements that are generally ignored by the Western Australian Police Force and the Carpenter Government.

- Extended Shopping Hours. Why are we the only State in this country where I can only get my bread and Milk from a Petrol Station After Work?

- Infrastructure. Where is it? We have none. What do you plan to do to fix this?

- 1 Punch Laws. Yet another Kneejerk Reaction Law. I can count on 1 hand the amount of people who have died from this kind of assault, yet there is now a 10 year Jail Term, yet if you run over a motorcyclist in your 4wd then you get a fine and your licence suspended. 16 motorcycle deaths this year.

Plus a few others. Either way, Carps has to go before we get more Wowsers in Parliament. I also think Antilag or someone needs to hold a protest drive to Parliament House to demonstrate exactly how much of a "Hoon" presence there is in the community.

Last edited by Goofy; 13-08-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 13-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'd be interested to see what replies (if any) you get back on those questions.
Old 13-08-2008, 09:33 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Good work Goofy. We have to put these so called leaders in the hot seat and the only way to do this is by addressing them directly with letters, emails, faxes and phone calls NOW. In the three weeks it will be too late and we will suffer the consequences for another 3-4 years.
Old 13-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Totally agree Dave, I was contemplating the same tactic, shoot off a few letters and way up the replies. Might have to get off my arse and get em out.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 14-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Goofy at standard level

This is the letter I am mailing out today to all the candidates in my electorate. Feel free to copy, paste, modify etc... and do the same

Quote:
Your Address
In Your Suburb
Electorate of .....

August 14, 2008

Candidates Name
whatever Mailing Address
In this Street
of your electorate

Dear Candidates Name
I am writing to you regarding the State Election to be held on the 6th of September 2008. I would like to know what your views are on certain issues which I believe are important within your electorate.

The first and most pressing issue I have is with regards to Hoon Laws and the way that members of High Performance Cars and Motorcycles are being unfairly targeted. I Personally Drive a Turbo Charged Performance Car and I own and ride a number of Sports-Bikes. I contribute more to the road traffic system than most commuter drivers through my registration fees alone, yet I am victimized and made to feel like I don’t belong on the road. It is my experience that these laws are being used to marginalize and outcast people within our community due to the mode of transportation they use. Perhaps if the government was to finance a study into the performance car and motorcycle subculture they would find that, in general, people who own and drive performance vehicles tend to have cars that are in better condition and more roadworthy than the average car and undertake more driver training and instruction than the common commuter driver, All these laws have done is create a rift between the Police and an otherwise Law Abiding section of the community. I would like to know what your stance is on the Hoon Laws.

While on the subject of Traffic Law I would also like to know your stance on Drink Driving. Personally I believe that Drink Driving is a higher risk activity than burnouts, yet it seems to attract a lesser fine. I can have my car confiscated for 7 days for doing a burnout in a disused Industrial Area yet someone driving through a residential street while drunk is merely fined and prevented from driving until they are sober enough to. I would like to see some parity between the laws.

I would also like to know what policies you have with regards to Infrastructure in this state. At Present Western Australia has one of the largest Budget Surpluses in the Country but very little seems to be reinvested into this state. We have a rail way to Mandurah and a desalination plant but very little else. The Electricity Infrastructure in Perth is woefully inadequate (as demonstrated by the recent Gas Crisis) as is our Drinking Water Level and the availability of housing. I see these factors as threats to WA’s continued Growth and would like to see Policies to support the ongoing growth of our economy.

I look forward to receiving your response. I shall share your response with the online communities I am a part of; your reply to this letter will be posted to an online community of around 10,000 Motorcyclists and an indeterminable number of performance Car enthusiasts. Many of these people are in the same electorate of myself and represent a large portion of your community.

Regards,

Your Name

Last edited by Goofy; 14-08-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 14-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Might wanna seperate some of that into paragraphs dude!

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 14-08-2008, 09:44 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
Might wanna seperate some of that into paragraphs dude!
yes agreed but overall a good effort mate
Old 14-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Goofy at standard level

It was all nicely laid out as a word doc... lost something in the quoting part :P

I shall edit

Tags
election, state, thread, wa