Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2008, 11:38 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

After working in London and Europe for a few years I returned to sunny Australia with 2 days stop-over in Singapore. Unpacked when I got home and found some things that are highly illegal in SE-Asia. I'm guessing I would have been looking at a 10 year stretch?! I actually felt pretty sick afterwards.
Old 26-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Yea very similar to top on. Dozer sitting exactly the same but I was on about a 30 degree slope ( on cap rock so steel tracks give almost no sideways grip ) with only a couple of foot drop. Dozer slipped a few feet sideways and found some soft stuff which stopped it. Leaning that way anyway was just enough to fall over.

End result squashed catwalk ( with the motorized ladder on it ). No other damage except to ones ego and pineapple receptacle. They were worried about the engine but still going nearly 10,000 hours later. Guess I shut it off quick enough.

Last edited by MKVIGTI; 26-09-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 26-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Yea very similar to top on. Dozer sitting exactly the same but I was on about a 30 degree slope ( on cap rock so steel tracks give almost no sideways grip ) with only a couple of foot drop. Dozer slipped a few feet sideways and found some soft stuff which stopped it. Leaning that way anyway was just enough to fall over.

End result squashed catwalk ( with the motorized ladder on it ). No other damage except to ones ego and pineapple receptacle. They were worried about the engine but still going nearly 10,000 hours later. Guess I shut it off quick enough.
Tip it back over, check the oil, she'll be right Yea same thing happened with this bloke, rock, edge, whoopsie. Oh yes the pineapples flowed freely from a great height when the RM and others high in the food chain got woken up at 3am
Old 26-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

I did it in the afternoon and all the bosses were off site so I had to wait a couple of days for mine

They were pretty worried about oil filling the cylinders so after putting it back on its feet they took the heads off just to be sure. No good for it to be all sweet and then hydraulic the thing when you start it back up.

Tags
epic, stuff, ups