Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level
Default Real estate rant.

Time for a rant guys...

Got a rather distressed phone call this morning from one of my housemate's (who is 'recovering' from some rave yesterday)

At 7.30 a.m. 2 guys were chatting away in our carport... she wakes up, a bit scared, hears them open the back gate and start walking around in our backyard. She had her big maori boyfriend with her - so they stormed outside ready to start fighting potential robbers. there's these two guys in painters clothes scoping the place out - who have been asked to paint our house.

Firstly- why the hell didn't they knock on the door first before walking into our property! they are lucky im not home because I treat everyone that walks in uninvited as thieves...

Secondly- a bit of notice would have been nice? The real estate hasn't told us a thing about our place being painted.

Now to get through to the backyard you must go through the carport, which only just fits my car with less than half a metre either side. these guys have been walking through there all day with paint cans, ladders, dirty brushes etc.. almost impossible for them to not scratch my loved one! then they asked if I could move my car because they need to do the carport.

Yeah right, like I would leave my keys at home, or tell anyone my pin, or let a girl back it out of a very tight/steep driveway. so now they have started sanding the area above my car, and said they are going to paint it tomorow.

They have already chucked a drop sheet over my car. who knows how dry the paint is on that? and if it is dry, the rough surface will no doubt scratch my paint anyway!

This real estate has done this a few times now, sent someone to work on our house without any notification to us. We have had two rent increases in 6 months, still haven't fixed our hot water system. They once had a house inspection wityhout letting us know. they claimed they sent us a letter but i have never seen it.

Can I tell these painters to piss off? Im still a bit suss on them. Considering my other flatmate is a painter himself and has already offered to paint the house for the price of the paint. They were asking lots of questions about moving my car. were are the keys? I can move it for you if you want. surely he must have a spare set? that sort of stuff...

I've asked the girl at home to take some photos, just incase.

Seriously, i hate renting!

Tags
estate, rant, real