Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

BlacklistedWRX at standard level
Default Getting Into Motorsport

Hi all,
I am looking at getting into motorsport this year and im not sure how i should go about it. I have never done any circuit racing before and I dont have a CAMS licence yet.
First i would like to get my CAMS liscence which will allow me to compete in circuit events at Barbagallo raceway and WA tarmac rallys. What do i do to obtain the required licence?
I would also like to get some experience at the track before i do anything competitive. Can i just go down to Bargs on the weekend and pay for a few laps?
My car will be track ready in the next month or two and once i think i am ready for competition then i want to compete in circuit events and tarmac rallys. What competitive events can i get into and how do i go about entering them?

Sorry for all the questions but i am a bit clueless on the topic. If you have any experience on the topic then can you please post your comments. Answers to the questions would be good as well
Thanks

Last edited by BlacklistedWRX; 14-01-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Tags
motorsport