Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2009, 07:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dougiefresh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXT
That's some nice driving there dougie....i've only ever hit a 250+m drive 3 times....oh what a feeling when it all comes together eh!
Yeah the new driver has really helped, picked up a new 09 Taylormade Burner which is very forgiving, also have the new TM Burner 09 irons which have been good to hit, however still dialling them in as they have a slightly longer shaft
Old 19-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

I absolutely hate hillview been there on 3 occasions now the greens are always shit. With tree branches all over the shop or fairways dry as fk. Hillviews in kalamunda kymbo.

I'm a fan of lusher ones like wembley, maylands, hammersley and the like. But I'm a hack like most. Just picked up a set of ping rapturev2. By far the best set of irons I've ever hit. Hitting them a whole club further than my old clubs.
Old 19-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh
Yeah the new driver has really helped, picked up a new 09 Taylormade Burner which is very forgiving, also have the new TM Burner 09 irons which have been good to hit, however still dialling them in as they have a slightly longer shaft
Had the same drama with my Nike's for at least the first few months due to them being slightly longer......from what the pro's say its very important to get your clubs fitted to you to get the most out of them, I just can't be arsed getting my clubs back to the pro shop to get the length & lie adjusted to suit me.
Old 19-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
I'm a fan of lusher ones like wembley, maylands, hammersley and the like. But I'm a hack like most. Just picked up a set of ping rapturev2. By far the best set of irons I've ever hit. Hitting them a whole club further than my old clubs.
Nice clubs....the extra distance is probably due to decreased loft angles especially if you've been playing older irons before these.
Old 19-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED
im a keen golfer gentlemen. im a member at Hartfield Country Club,

I am a memeber at Gosnells and hit off twelve. Same handicap since I left school 11 years ago. Except then I was playing 3 times a week and now I am lucky if I play twice a month.

In terms of cost my full membership costs about $2200 / year. Plus there are joining fees etc. You pretty much need to play once a week to justify it. Some clubs also have a bar levy. i.e. $400 a year that they encourage you to spend at the bar and be social. You can always cash it in for cartons of beer / wine near the expiry period though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXT
......from what the pro's say its very important to get your clubs fitted to you to get the most out of them, I just can't be arsed getting my clubs back to the pro shop to get the length & lie adjusted to suit me.
Take it with a grain of salt but I think that is a load of crap. I am a firm believer that you dont need a good golf swing but you need a consistent one. i.e. look at the old blokes that play that you could piss past how far they hit the ball but they hit the fairway everytime and will still should a good score.

For that matter look at some of the pros. Corey Pavin / Ray Flood etc all have crap swings (as the text book goes) but still managed to do alright.

For a pro absolutely get your clubs adjusted to suit you but for most hackers they will put a different swing on every ball and it would not matter whether you change the lie angle by 0.5 degrees or not. Bear in mind that a tour pro is hitting a minimum of 3000 balls a week on the range.

Having said that you need to be in the right sort of area. i.e. a six foot six guy with girls clubs aint going to be a great success. but unless you are consistenly shooting in the 70's on a difficult course I would not worry about going to the enth degree on your clubs.

Just go and enjoy it.

Brendon
Old 19-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Agreed urabus....but you know as well as I do that this game is hard enough as it is so any bit of help, or better still, any erroneous factors that can be taken out of the equation can only help. Not having met dougie before I have no idea if he is 6'4" or 5'2" but most averge sized humans will do fine with standard factory L & L's setups.

I do have a problem with how long some of these new drivers shafts are coming out with, for instance my Burner has a 46in shaft in it!!!! I mean com'on that's way too long even for the average bloke....yes it will give you a faster club head speed which can relate to more distance (part of their marketing campaign) but in most cases it will only worsen slices or hooks.
Old 19-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
Hillviews in kalamunda kymbo.
ahh, no wonder i hadn't heard of it.
Old 19-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

bizrex at standard level

golf is sick, i try to hav a round once a week.
u guys play any courses south of the river?
Old 20-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

I dont mind playing a round or two. Havent been able to get out onto a course for ages though. Like playing at Glen Iris.
Old 20-04-2009, 08:02 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

I try to play atleast once a week. Normally play whaleback but as wife and kids are at home can only play 9 holes. best is 50 but its on the way down. very slowwly but.

Tags
fffffoooouuuurrrr