Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

Have you tested the jailbreak Smerm? All good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
How is this magical screen? Can you see the pixels? I've heard from various people/reviews that it's quite hard to distinguish an individual pixel as there is 4x the amount than the 3GS has. That's pretty amazing actually!
Magical screen is magical. Mine just got delivered and the screen quality is unbelievable.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

well ive done one 3gs on 4.0.1 and that seems to work fine. And an ipod touch 2nd gen.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Sir AntiLag

bird at standard level

just a handy spreadsheet i saw on whirlpool;

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...4ZTRYb0E&hl=en
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

Hi

Any reviews on the iphone 4? I am looking at getting a new phone soon (upgrade from nokia e51) and looking towards the new iphone or HTC desire, need to be with telstra for the coverage

Anyone had both and care to share/compare?

Cheers
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Sir AntiLag

stefan at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHIONPSI View Post
Hi

Any reviews on the iphone 4? I am looking at getting a new phone soon (upgrade from nokia e51) and looking towards the new iphone or HTC desire, need to be with telstra for the coverage

Cheers
as far as im aware, it carries the same issues from the states but they throw in a case which "solves" the problem. i cant be quoted on this as its just a rumor so would be good if someone can confirm this as im looking at getting one in october
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Hi

Cheers
Ive had a play with 3-4 iphone 4's now and have had no reception issues for the time that i have used them. Although on one of them I have noticed some screen issues (bleeding from the lower right edge).

Rumours are the iPhone 5 will be out early next year.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerm07 View Post
Rumours are the iPhone 5 will be out early next year.
Will never happen. Apple will completely shoot themselves in the foot if they release a 'new phone' early next year like some blogs like to report.

1. No white iPhone4 yet. No way in hell would Apple release the white phone then revamp the linup a few months later.

2. All iPhone4 buyers would be super pissed causing less interest in getting the new phone or future models.

Apple is very smart and this is why they only drip feed updates on a yearly basis. Keeps it 'revolutionary' and keeps the market hype.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Will never happen. Apple will completely shoot themselves in the foot if they release a 'new phone' early next year like some blogs like to report.

1. No white iPhone4 yet. No way in hell would Apple release the white phone then revamp the linup a few months later.

2. All iPhone4 buyers would be super pissed causing less interest in getting the new phone or future models.

Apple is very smart and this is why they only drip feed updates on a yearly basis. Keeps it 'revolutionary' and keeps the market hype.
You never know. Yes the white iphone 4 is not out yet, they will obviously bring out a 2nd batch of iphone 4's which no doubt will have a fixed antenna. Early next year is very soon, but i think there is a high chance that there will be a new iphone 5 by this time next year, as the 3gs was the year before the iphone 4 etc.

Apple don't really care if current users will be super pissed as they know they will still sell out the their new iphone.

Same with the ipad, theres a new model due out by christmas supposedly. And again people will be pissed, but it will sell out. I guess its just how technology works.

My opinion of course, i could be totally wrong.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Of course there will be a iPhone 5 this time next year!

I will predict it will be announced at WWDC in June... Just like iPhone in 2007, iPhone 3G in 2008, iPhone 3GS in 2009 and iPhone 4 in 2010.

There will be a beta of iOS5 early next year, just like previous years. New hardware without a new OS is highly unlikely.

There may be revision changes to iPhone 4 hardware, but it won't be called iPhone 5 and won't be visually any different.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Hi

Cheers
HTC desire hands down mate, or even the HD2, had my first play with the iphone 4 on sat nite, my mate had just got one. I would take my HD2 anyday, screen size is bigger and looks just as good, and the desire android system is very slick and freindly. I did like the iphone4, but i dont think it compares to htc imho.

Tags
dingo stole me iphone, iphone, poo pants, release, rich x pioneered the iphone, virgins, virgins? yeah but we have cool phones