Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Interesting that shore based angler's haven't been targeted yet....Perhaps that will be next?

Considering how many times I've seen non australians filling bucket after bucket with under sized Swan river Black bream, flathead etc.... you'd think some action would be taken to halt that sort of activity.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Elrico at standard level

It does Ross, i cut their fuckin lines down at woodmans point when they take undersized shit and cast over me again and again. Doin it for Australia!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I used to fish the ABT & WABT bream tournaments....... I used to kota over their lines and bust 'em off on the prop.........Either that or Roost them with 90hp of Yamaha's best 2 stroke love!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Elrico at standard level

Ohhh i just used a medioca sized machette in 1 hand and a short brown of VB in the other.

The arseholes had the nerve to try and gang hook the sealion that swims there. Pricks.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS View Post
Interesting that shore based angler's haven't been targeted yet....Perhaps that will be next?
Hope not. I'll confess from the word go that I am a "shore based only" fisher. Although it will hurt the charter boat business and anyone who prefers or only does boat fishing in any form, I agree that the recent restrictions/licences should apply but only to boats. Use of a boat gives you huge advantages over land based fishing, with ability to use GPS & echo sounders plus range of fishing area as compared to shore based.

I'm betting though that the govt will bring it in eventually despite what fish populations are out there, in the process making recreational fishing a pastime only for the well heeled.

Mark my words, it will happen. The govt are experts at gradually bringing in legislation to achieve their end goals.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Elrico at standard level

What? Communism? Rape us of our cash so that the only way out of the hole is winning lotto (ps i hate those 2 people forever!). lol ohhh the irony of bombing countries that are not democratic then running yours like a dictatorship.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:41 AM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

Quote:
I used to fish the ABT & WABT bream tournaments....... I used to kota over their lines and bust 'em off on the prop.........Either that or Roost them with 90hp of Yamaha's best 2 stroke love!
A minn kota broke mono line? Crikey i didnt think one would be capable being only plastic prop and all. Haha nice! Will try that next time!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

If people were more responsible in the first place then laws to protect the stupid from themselves would not have to be introduced.....they are the ones to blame for the creation of a beurocratic nanny state.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:

Considering how many times I've seen non australians filling bucket after bucket with under sized Swan river Black bream, flathead etc.... you'd think some action would be taken to halt that sort of activity.
It's the same in mandurah with crabs rossco, all the tourists taking undersized (especially asians - no i'm not racist, it's fact)

They also need to remove the right for abo's to be able to take whatever they want. When I last went crabbing in summer, I pulled up at the jetty to find a young abo kid with half a massive bucket of cacka's, real small stuff and when he looked in our container he was like "you got the big ones there ay bloke".

Unless they're prepared to get out there in loin cloths, barefoot with spears and traditional hunting tools, then fuck em, why should they have the same rights as their ancestors hundreds of years ago. They're not hunting traditionally, so why do they get traditional rights to take whatever they want.

I've lived in mandurah all of my 26 years and I believe those two reasons are the major causes of mandurah's crab stocks being severely depleated over the last 10 years.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Last edited by DEDLYWEPN; 03-07-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz View Post
Hope not. I'll confess from the word go that I am a "shore based only" fisher. Although it will hurt the charter boat business and anyone who prefers or only does boat fishing in any form, I agree that the recent restrictions/licences should apply but only to boats. Use of a boat gives you huge advantages over land based fishing, with ability to use GPS & echo sounders plus range of fishing area as compared to shore based.

I'm betting though that the govt will bring it in eventually despite what fish populations are out there, in the process making recreational fishing a pastime only for the well heeled.

Mark my words, it will happen. The govt are experts at gradually bringing in legislation to achieve their end goals.

I do 99% of my fishing from the land also. However I mostly fish for the larger species IE Mulloway, Sharks, shore based snapper, Dhuies, Mackeral, and so fourth. I can understand if these fees will be put onto landbased game fishermen. as we are targeting the larger more prized catches.

My reasoning for this is that on a good night there can be 26 larger sized snapper caught at north mole in a huge storm.

I really feel for the families of 4 that have a small boat that now need to fork out over $1500 to fish recreationally.

Tags
angler, fish, read, recreational, required, thislicenses