Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2009, 07:09 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

Ok.. First things first.

How long are you planning to go for?
Are you going to travel or for a holiday?
Do you want to see things or just get pissy all the time?
Is there anything specific you want to see?
Do you have any specific requirements for a hotel?

Answer those and I will give you some better answers and suggestions
Old 23-09-2009, 09:13 PM
STI Master

jedi_luke at standard level

speak of the devil

going for 10 days
going to travel
going to see things
id like to see the sentinel but that's all i have in mind so far , id like to see some ruins , do some good shopping and have heaps of fun!, willing to do lots of walking and get around.
i like nice hotels , so im willing to spend more to get something nice and comfortable, no hostel type places.

thanks for the info so far guys! , ive also watched the top gear vietnam episode again for ideas haha
Old 23-09-2009, 09:47 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

Ok Ten days isnt very long at all.. I would recommend picking the south or the north and deciding things to do from there.. I will go on about the South as its where I was and its what I know.

Flying into Saigon book yourself into Madame Cuc 127 (ask for 127 specifically as they have 3 mini hotels) http://www.madamcuchotels.com/hotel/...task=main_show say Scott and Greg from Perth recommended you. Its not on the backpackers strip but its a 5-10 min walk. US 25 (for a twin) a night which includes breaky and dinner. Its no Hilton but its clean comfy and roomy (rooms have big bathroom with good hot water and baths and tv with satellite and also a bar fridge to out stuff in. The staff there are awesome LeyLey is great and the other staff that work with her will fall over themselves to help you.

The day you get there go out to Cao Dai temple and the Cu Chi tunnels its a bit of a long day on the bus and stuff but for 7usd you cant go wrong.

Next day I would recommend getting your walking shoes out.. Walk from Madame Cuc 127 to the Benh Thanh Market for a browse around, then walk to the reunification palace (make sure you do a tour here as the place is amazing and its free after your admission) Most things close for lunch so after the palace its a good time to go find some lunch.. after lunch pop along to have a look at city hall the Saigon opera house, Notre Dame Catherdral and the General Post office. Then do the war remnants museum. Depending how fast you walk and how much you like to look at things that will fill in a day fairly easily.

I would recommend a tour of the meekong delta (which can be booked from the hotel) they do 1-2-3 day tours I did the 3 and it was great.

From Saigon head up to Dalat 7 hours by bus or you can fly bus is 6 bucks not sure about flights but it wouldnt be more than 50 bucks. In Dalat Stay in the Pink House (6 usd a night ask for Rot he is the english speaking guy and ask him if he can take you on a motorbike tour (30 usd) its about 120kms and you see heaps of cool stuff and country side.

Next day Hire a bike and ride yourself around and check out the sites.. (lonely planet guide will help here) Crazy House, Waterfalls, Railway Station, markets, French Quarter and heaps more ...

After that head into Nha Trang I recommend getting the bus here its about 4 hours and the road is amazing its new and basically attached to the side of a mountain.

In Nha Trang its very touristy but get yourself on a famous boat tour for about 130000 dong (6 bucks) and its an all day party. I wouldnt recommend more than a couple of days here as there isnt alot to do. 2nd day here we just hired bikes and went for a ride around looking at different things. We stayed at Duy Hung Hotel 3 min walk from the beach nice and clean and a nice food place across the road.

Then back to Saigon for shopping eating and drinking.

That should fill ten days in easy if you want any more info drop me a pm and I will discuss it with you more.

Some pics

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/al...7&id=772065499
Old 24-09-2009, 03:12 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

^^ scotty has sussed it all out. i can answer any other questions if you have any. been there 4 times, and the last time was for a month in December.

My pics here:

http://www.lumensphotography.com/Blo...-Trip-December

Tags
hotels, nam, viet