Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTATIC
Aerobatics in a 152?? Not exactly invigorating. Go the low wing config for that extra buzz. Nothin like dropping a wing in a stall and falling into a spin dive. Now that's fun.

Hey should look into some glider action as well. Used to glide out of Moora. Doing loops and banks with no engine is a real mind bender!!
I'm a pussy.. The furthest I've pushed was 3Gs on the G meter. Bit inaccurate but would love to go for 4 if I can.

yeah the low wings are great fun. Provides a much violent flip on hammer heads and stalls.

Gliders are great fun but I'm not sure how they go about in keeping afloat. Probably something to do with the certain areas you fly in where the wind provides an uplift.

I wonder if the P-51 Mustang is still flying. Restored by this dude about 2-3 yrs ago. Awesome "antilag" sound it makes
Old 24-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Schnitzer
I'm a pussy.. The furthest I've pushed was 3Gs on the G meter. Bit inaccurate but would love to go for 4 if I can.

yeah the low wings are great fun. Provides a much violent flip on hammer heads and stalls.

Gliders are great fun but I'm not sure how they go about in keeping afloat. Probably something to do with the certain areas you fly in where the wind provides an uplift.

I wonder if the P-51 Mustang is still flying. Restored by this dude about 2-3 yrs ago. Awesome "antilag" sound it makes

You can go in Bill Wylie's Mustang for $1500 for a 30 minute flight, they usually pull the texan out also and simulate a dog fight. You can also go in his L39 Albatros for $2500 for 30 mins I believe.
Old 24-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

Old 28-01-2006, 10:26 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Well guys, just back in Bunbury after the big day...

GOTTA say what a RUSH!!! Damn, if we didn't do the lot... you name it & we probably did it... 3 loops, plenty of rolls & tight banks, coupla stall turns (oh yeah!!!), snap rolls, vertical snap, split "S", 2 x zero G's etc.

The pilot wasn't Chucker (dunno what happened there) but scored a youngish guy, Dave Styles. Really top bloke, mentioned Perth WRX & said he was keen on our machines & had a lotta respect for them.

When it came to the question of what excitement level would I like, I just said, "Always been a fan of extreme stuff, so....Bring it on!" This put a big smile on Dave's face coz he just luvs doin it to the max & doesn't get too many who tell him to just go for it. Managed to keep it all together, which I thought was quite an achievement considering you'd be at zero G one moment & pulling 4 G's about 5 or sumthin seconds later. Pretty freaked out when Dave put a piece a paper in the cockpit air at zero G & it just sat there in suspension.

I've been in quite a few planes of different types in my time, but I gotta say it is the most unique experience which defies any description which would half do it justice. It's gotta be the best way to spend $140 & I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

For any interested, my G range was 4.1 to -1.1
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 21-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

BOXRD at standard level

Just recieved a 30 min aerobatics adventure for the birthday..... After reading these comments i CAN NOT wait!!!! Bring on the g's i say!!! hehehe
Old 21-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

The P51 would be the way to go I think, costs a bit but one of the best planes ever built, pretty fast too.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

BOXRD at standard level

Anyone even thinking of doing this.... it is a MUST. Absolutely mind blowing..... Had Dave putting the plane thru its paces and he certainly knows what he is doing.... 4.8 G's is something else.... Highly recommened!!!!

Tags
aerobatic, flights