Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Scoobie HasBeen

thx at standard level

Some Brilliant shots there, but damn there is some serious photoshop touch-up in there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get the raw images in and then get them publication ready.
Old 25-01-2006, 01:04 AM
MattyP

Easton does all the photo shopping work himself. Photogs like to call this process 'post-processing'. Some people love it, some people hate it. I wouldn't say I love it as I like to shoot everything as good as possible straight out of the camera, however if you've got the time and talent to burn then you might as well use it. I use to be good at photoshop years ago, however now I just use it for quick curves and slight burns here and there if needed for overall presentation.

The Canon '1' series are a nice camera. Was at the West Australian today, and couldn't believe what these guys stock. From my current D60 (however is collecting dust in their cupboard) right through to a couple of 1Ds cameras. They however will be downgrading these (1ds) cameras in the near future to 1D mk2 as they find 8MP does the job for any of their publications. I've been toying with the idea of a 1 series, however they're just too overly priced for what you get.

While I was in Sydney, one of the guys there that I worked with had his brother's car shot by Easton (red track spec dc2 type r, in the portfolio) , and was telling me how he pulled off those shots. If you think all you need is a $200 suction mount, or a $2k rig think again. There are quiet a few other things ranging from $300 to $900 which you'll also have to get to aid you in the process. So your final bill roughly from my calculations is going to probably be $5k and thats not with camera, lenses or lighting included :-(
Old 25-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

i got some good incar movie results from cable tying my camera to the rear view mirror
Old 25-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Flat Four Father

FFOUR at standard level

Thanks for all the info, I'll have a bit of a look around on Saturday.

MY05 STI track car | VF Clubsport

Tags
camera, incar, mount