Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

resources sector seems a little more up-beat today.

Long live the WRC
Old 27-05-2010, 05:04 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Just closed the book as in cancelled one reasonably large iron ore project expansion I was about to recruit people for..any guesses why? Board members voted the investment down and put on the burner until after the election.
Old 27-05-2010, 05:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

[QUOTE=Smokey;457963]I agree with that also, but I don't see anything smart coming from Abbott. At least Rudd is doing something.

The Libs are called the Opposition for a reason, they are not the Support.

If they did not question Rudd's rediculous policies this country would be proper f*cked.
Old 27-05-2010, 05:16 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
If you mean doing something as in helping destroy our economy and continue to spend us in into debt then yes Rudd is def doing something.
Debt isnt a problem. It is calculated debt and we are in the strongest position compared to other countries.

Government spends money. Australian earn money. Australian gets taxed and spend the left over money. Next Australian earn money. This Australian gets taxed and spend the left over money.

Everyone keeps their job, government recoops most of the money. Healthy economy encourages overseas investment. (more than a small rise in tax for wealthy companies will discourage it!)

If everyone lost their job, the government would be getting less tax back and would spend more on welfare. They would have even less money to spend!

The only way libs reduce the deficit is to sell long term profit making assets for a quick buck! If we had some of that money coming in still, we could probably survive with out any super profit taxes!

I find it difficult to swallow that anyone thinks Australians economy is up shit creek atm!!!
Old 27-05-2010, 05:19 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Just closed the book as in cancelled one reasonably large iron ore project expansion I was about to recruit people for..any guesses why? Board members voted the investment down and put on the burner until after the election.
And if Rudd didnt spend all that money, it probably would never have got that far :P

Anyway im off home now, but I would be very interested in a decent 3rd party to vote for. How about PWRX party?
Old 27-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Debt isn't a problem ?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNC0...eature=related Short Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1n1X0Oqdw Long Version

In the end - as I have suggested many times before preferential voting leads to two party politics with the same vein. The inevitable consequences of our continuing government spending will all be too apparent way too soon.

Stimulus isn't "growth" it's "debt".

I've joked many a time about "hyperinflation" and what it means but most don't understand. So some small examples. I have some stamps from pre war Germany - one is 5 Marks overprinted crudely as 20,000 Marks. When I went to Zimbabwe in 2006 the official rate of exchange was 1 USD to 250 ZIM. Black market rate in the month we were there would give me, at the start 600 ZIM. A month later - 1500 ZIM. A bottle of "cane spirit" was about 500 ZIM.

I have a 500 Billion ZIM note in my possession now. I gave away 5 Billion ZIM to a mate.

Hyperinflation is all to real.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 27-05-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 27-05-2010, 05:50 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Debt isnt a problem. It is calculated debt and we are in the strongest position compared to other countries.

Government spends money. Australian earn money. Australian gets taxed and spend the left over money. Next Australian earn money. This Australian gets taxed and spend the left over money.

Everyone keeps their job, government recoops most of the money. Healthy economy encourages overseas investment. (more than a small rise in tax for wealthy companies will discourage it!)

If everyone lost their job, the government would be getting less tax back and would spend more on welfare. They would have even less money to spend!

The only way libs reduce the deficit is to sell long term profit making assets for a quick buck! If we had some of that money coming in still, we could probably survive with out any super profit taxes!

I find it difficult to swallow that anyone thinks Australians economy is up shit creek atm!!!
Jesus Christ, can you believe this guy can VOTE and BREED?

Mate I'm not going to flame you here, the term 'falling on deaf ears' springs to mind, but lets just say I hope you don't do your own tax return!
Old 27-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Why am I not surprised Dave
Old 27-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

indirectly related, china's booming, for how long?

Long live the WRC
Old 27-05-2010, 06:50 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Jesus Christ, can you believe this guy can VOTE and BREED?

Mate I'm not going to flame you here, the term 'falling on deaf ears' springs to mind, but lets just say I hope you don't do your own tax return!
Thats a bit rich mate. If you cant have a difference of opinion without resorting to personal attacks... fuck off? At the end of the day all our fates are the same and hopefully the tards who govern us get some of it right. I happen to think Labor is the best choice of a bad bunch, which is generally the only choice we get to make with this structure.

Also we have interest rates to control inflation.

Last edited by Smokey; 27-05-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Tags
ass raping, gorgon, project, resource, super, tax