Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2010, 12:55 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Be careful what you wish for. All this labor bashing is going to get Abbott elected. That thought scares the shit out of me. He is an absolute psychopath!

I think this whole 'super tax' (as the media likes to call it) hype is unjustified. They should be taxed more, however the rate is going to be negotiated. I agree the rate put forward currently is too high, but I feel confident it will settle somewhere fair.
Old 27-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Be careful what you wish for. All this labor bashing is going to get Abbott elected. That thought scares the shit out of me. He is an absolute psychopath!

I think this whole 'super tax' (as the media likes to call it) hype is unjustified. They should be taxed more, however the rate is going to be negotiated. I agree the rate put forward currently is too high, but I feel confident it will settle somewhere fair.
deploy banstick! we have a liberal hater!!!!!
Old 27-05-2010, 03:48 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
deploy banstick! we have a liberal hater!!!!!
We have a Communist in our ranks!
Old 27-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

I don't think they should be taxed more at all.

I do think they should be forced to use local suppliers and contractors and not just ship everything offshore for fabrication. This would provide great employment, create long term training needs and generate more taxes than any 'super profit tax'.
Old 27-05-2010, 01:34 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I do think they should be forced to use local suppliers and contractors and not just ship everything offshore for fabrication. This would provide great employment, create long term training needs and generate more taxes than any 'super profit tax'.
I also agree with this. Our company lost a tender to an international company. As a result of this 15% of our employees were made redundant. I also have a friend who used to work with us, who moved to the other company, and is currently spending a week in Korea testing equipment to be installed at Gorgon.

Additionally, I think the media has a lot to answer for in this country. I am pretty sick to death of both sides spamming incorrect and extremely speculative information. At the end of the day the share markets will follow the tone of the media and I would not be at all suprised if there are people writing these articles just to make money on the stock market. Prime example being the 'news' that RTIO expansion projects were considering the future of their projects. None of that information had any substance. A couple of days later, they edited that article stating the fact that they werent closing any projects. Good way to send the value of the shares you just bought cheaply back up!

And in case anyones wondering, my current career prospects are directly proportional to RTIO's EPs.
Old 20-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I don't think they should be taxed more at all.

See this is a solution. Pouring more money into the governments pocket doesnt mean we will benefit at all. The dole bludgers will proberly get a $50 a fortnight increase or we'll all get another $900 that came from our pockets anyway. And a portion of the people didnt even get their $900 because they work harder then others.

To the people who complain about miners being paid too much and therefore pushing up the SOL of the economy, fail to recognise the sacrafices that are made away from girlfriends, family, friends and the strain it puts on everyone to make ends meet whilst away. Take the mining away, do you really think Australia would of been so easily pushed through the GFC? Not a chance.

What Kato has suggested is a real time solution to a problem. It would provide alot of reinbursment to the economy through jobs, materials so on so forth. Maybe another 10-15% increase in tax plus having to use local manufacturers, engineers etc instead of a blatant 40% tax that the public have no say in what it does.
Old 20-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrico View Post
To the people who complain about miners being paid too much and therefore pushing up the SOL of the economy, fail to recognise the sacrafices that are made away from girlfriends, family, friends and the strain it puts on everyone to make ends meet whilst away.
AWWW, look whos getting all soppy cause they haven't got a root in 4 weeks...
Old 20-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein View Post
AWWW, look whos getting all soppy cause they haven't got a root in 4 weeks...
Wouldnt you? hah

Tags
ass raping, gorgon, project, resource, super, tax