Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

No worries mate, well after his research he bought his screen from Oz Theatre Screens http://www.ozts.com.au/, they have a few options available but he went with the Majestic due to his projector having a cinema scope lens. The screens come with a felt border which apparently is good thing.
Offer is there if you want to have a squiz.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

NIX WRX at standard level

Yeah I haven't fully decided what ratio to go for on the screen, thinking 16:9 at the moment but may go wider for movie playback.

Sources hooked up to it will be Blu-Ray, digital TV and XBOX 360 - I just have to figure out how much I expect to use each one and what I want to compromise on... black bars on the top and bottom for cinemascope (if using a 16:9 screen), or, black bars on the sides for 16:9 material (if using a screen wider than 16:9)

The projector itself has anamorphic lens shift capabilities so it can adjust between 16:9 and cinemascope aspect material.

Yeah, fuzzy black felt border FTW! (illusion of better contrast)
Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DGSWRX at standard level

Hey mate you can come see me at Harvey Norman in Malaga more then happy to give you a good deal we have a few screens you can check out.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Mine is an Infocus X10 - 1080p native resolution, HDMI etc. Bloody good picture and stays looking crisp and clear even when displayed on a bloody big screen.

I'm just waiting for a decent 3D projector to hit the mainstream at a reasonable price and I'll get one of those for sure.

As for my audio setup, well that's best left for another thread but I'm a big fan of SACD / DVD-A etc so if you know what they are then that should give you some indication....
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRODIGY View Post
No worries mate, well after his research he bought his screen from Oz Theatre Screens http://www.ozts.com.au/, they have a few options available but he went with the Majestic due to his projector having a cinema scope lens. The screens come with a felt border which apparently is good thing.
Offer is there if you want to have a squiz.
*DROOOOL* .. is he using an aussiemorphic lens?? im defo spending some extra coin next time and going for one.. looks so much better than 16:9
Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
Mine is an Infocus X10 - 1080p native resolution, HDMI etc. Bloody good picture and stays looking crisp and clear even when displayed on a bloody big screen.

I'm just waiting for a decent 3D projector to hit the mainstream at a reasonable price and I'll get one of those for sure.

As for my audio setup, well that's best left for another thread but I'm a big fan of SACD / DVD-A etc so if you know what they are then that should give you some indication....
DVD-A rapes normal CD's on a good system, what mains you running?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3 View Post
DVD-A rapes normal CD's on a good system, what mains you running?
Currently running B & W 704's but I am considering getting some of the new B & W 803 Diamonds, only problem is the drop in frequency response from 50khz down to 28khz. The only way to fix that would be to replace the super tweeters with those from the 704's (which kind of defeats the purpose) or better still finding some Sony X series speakers and using the super tweeters from them.

It's a pity DVD-A didn't really get much support, thankfully SACD titles are easily accessible and still being made.

Tags
fixed, home, projector, screen, theatre