Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sikem rex at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to sikem rex Send a message via MSN to sikem rex
Default Old People and 4WDs

This weekend i decided to pamper the ol' girl with a complete home detail. She was looking absolutely stunning i tell you. Dont think she's been this clean since i bought her (Bit sad really).

In any case i had forgotten to get some proper polish and clear coat to finish the job. So as you do, i headed down to Supacheap in ozzy park.

So i'm at the counter, paying for all the stuff i've grabbed, and this old guy walks in and asks the girl at the counter if she can request the "owner of a green subaru to come to the front counter". Instantly my heart plumets inside my chest (and with due cause as well).

I interrupt, tell them it's my car and will be out in a second. I walk out to find my rear bar pretty much ruined by a towball from the back of a nice big old Toyota Landcruiser.

Initially he turns to me and says "Shouldn't need to go to the insurance people for this one, lick of paint should do the job". I proceeded not to say anything and simply crouch down and point at where my rear bar is hanging off the right and side of the car.

His next comment was "oh.............. well i just didn't see your little pocket rocket behind me!"

*THIS* is what really got to me. it's been purely stated in total fact that the owners of 4WD's cause accidents simply because they "didn't see it coming". Time and time again i hear of friends who have been in accidents (both major and minor) where 4WD's have been the centre of the problem with the excuse of "oh i didn't see you there".

These mini-trucks are *not* safer for the public, in most circumstances they make the roads more dangerous! I can not stand to see these F!#$ers on the road, especially when i know that in most cases, these cars have never even seen the light of day for Off road duties.

On the lighter side, RAC have told me that i should expect to have my car fixed by the end of next week.

</rant>

-Pauly

Tags
4wds, people

« Sat Nav | Su-35/37 »