Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sikem rex at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to sikem rex Send a message via MSN to sikem rex
Default Old People and 4WDs

This weekend i decided to pamper the ol' girl with a complete home detail. She was looking absolutely stunning i tell you. Dont think she's been this clean since i bought her (Bit sad really).

In any case i had forgotten to get some proper polish and clear coat to finish the job. So as you do, i headed down to Supacheap in ozzy park.

So i'm at the counter, paying for all the stuff i've grabbed, and this old guy walks in and asks the girl at the counter if she can request the "owner of a green subaru to come to the front counter". Instantly my heart plumets inside my chest (and with due cause as well).

I interrupt, tell them it's my car and will be out in a second. I walk out to find my rear bar pretty much ruined by a towball from the back of a nice big old Toyota Landcruiser.

Initially he turns to me and says "Shouldn't need to go to the insurance people for this one, lick of paint should do the job". I proceeded not to say anything and simply crouch down and point at where my rear bar is hanging off the right and side of the car.

His next comment was "oh.............. well i just didn't see your little pocket rocket behind me!"

*THIS* is what really got to me. it's been purely stated in total fact that the owners of 4WD's cause accidents simply because they "didn't see it coming". Time and time again i hear of friends who have been in accidents (both major and minor) where 4WD's have been the centre of the problem with the excuse of "oh i didn't see you there".

These mini-trucks are *not* safer for the public, in most circumstances they make the roads more dangerous! I can not stand to see these F!#$ers on the road, especially when i know that in most cases, these cars have never even seen the light of day for Off road duties.

On the lighter side, RAC have told me that i should expect to have my car fixed by the end of next week.

</rant>

-Pauly
Old 05-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Dude, has some respect for the oldies, yes they did reverse into your car, yes they probably should have payed more attention but atlest they came in to find you. Some people would jsut drive away, and leave it at that, be happy that these ppl atlest showed you and your ride a little respect by coming in and finding you. Hey i'd be a little pissed too, but i'd be much darker if the person just drove away.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sikem rex at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to sikem rex Send a message via MSN to sikem rex

Good call darkmoose

i have to agree. I was a little wired when i wrote the post i guess :P
Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Feel for ya champ... my sentiments exactly as far as these oversized 4WD shopping trolleys are concerned . It's one thing to cause the damage, but a real smack in the face when the driver tries to play it down/make light of it .

And yes, the full sized 4WDs are WA-A-A-A-AY over-represented on our roads; I guarantee that 75% of the time I park in a carpark away from these things, I'll come back to having one on each side. Ya just about need to commandeer the services of a passerby to ensure that you are backing out safely if u r by yourself.

These things should be included in the HR licence.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Yeah that was nice of him not to hit & run.

Also agree that 4x4's are a menace to our roads, especially when you team them up with predominantly women drivers.

Sorry bout the car, hope it’s as good as new after the repair.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
Yeah that was nice of him not to hit & run.

Also agree that 4x4's are a menace to our roads, especially when you team them up with predominantly women drivers.

Sorry bout the car, hope it’s as good as new after the repair.
Yep, some women in 4x4's are shocking. Yesterday i had a lady in a Merc 4WD cut into my lane while we were both turning (two lane turn onto freeway) and almost hit me. That would've been great considering my car is still damaged from a similar incident.

Sorry to hear Sikem, hope it gets sorted asap.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

You have learnt a valuable lesson my friend.....

DONT WASH YOUR CAR
Old 05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level

Yeh maybe i just need to cool down........Its just that i was in a very similar situation just over a year ago back home(NZ). I had a VR4 and watched this guy(in a cruiser though not old) reverse into my car..... in a car parking building-i watched this just as i was entering the lift to go downstairs!!! I was so angry and by the time i finally got back up to the right level, he was gone. So yeh, that is why i spat the dummy, cos i was on the receiving end. No disrespect to oldies entended.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:06 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Yet somehow, a loud exhaust, and low springs are percieved by the powers that be, as more of a menace to other road users, than a 2 tonne, not fully passenger car ADR compliant, vehicle in the hands of an unskilled driver.

I'd personally rather have to put up with some noise, than be pulverised.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Sir AntiLag

Subaru00 at standard level

its not just old people in 4wd's that are dangerous....its old people in any car !

Tags
4wds, people

« Sat Nav | Su-35/37 »