Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

92 RS at standard level

well i have been witness to many acts on the road, as im sure you and we all have, from simple tyre spinning to road rage when a guy had his head smashed into the curb and i had to hold a blanket over him in the rain while the ambos worked on him.

i guess its all relative, where do you draw a line between screaming in support and reporting details, where you may be called as a witness to help prosecute. if that guy had done a perfect snaky for 200 metres, would you call the cops? or cheer him on? if the guy and his kid wernt there, would you have had a simple laugh and forgotten about it?

i couldnt personally say what i would have done man, had i known the people who barely escaped, id probly want to kill the dude.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 RS View Post
when you lose it in your car, and some rat dobs you in to the cops, how do you feel towards him?
You should feel man enough to admit that you fucked up and congratulate the concerned citizen for dobbing you in, making you realise that your penis was pathetically small that particular day.

That fucker owes two family members one hell of an apology and should at the very least pay for the dry-cleaning bill to get rid of those brown stains.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

92 RS at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
You should feel man enough to admit that you fucked up and congratulate the concerned citizen for dobbing you in, making you realise that your penis was pathetically small that particular day.

That fucker owes two family members one hell of an apology and should at the very least pay for the dry-cleaning bill to get rid of those brown stains.
valid point
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

If the guy had of done a 200 meter skid down the road I would have said to my self. "what a cock head" and gotton on with my day.
I see idiots on the road all the time as we all do. Never have I ever reported them

Becuase 1. I have better things to do, 2. not going to accomplish anything.

I didnt know the people personally either.

If he got out of the car and checked on the people and got out and did the right thing he probably wouldnt have been reported either.

But he didnt and he left with no regard to anyone there. He deserves to get everything comming to him.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

92 RS at standard level

cool cool man. i respect that and i probably would do the same. probably that 'i want to get the fuck out of here' feeling he experienced and therefore did. but one less idiot on the roads im all for. i see em every day too man. the old adage 'with great power comes great responsibility' is especially true for cars
Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nice catch, what a fucker. Fair enough you have an accident, but to drive away like that is pretty cowardly!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

It's a bad street actually, few years ago same thing happened guy comes around corner and ran right into bigger power pole, Though his car wasnt able to drive off.

Tode would remember that one.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Nice work. Not too sure though, that you need to be careful with publicly posting it up before it has been finalised in court. Just like the "trial by media" angle has been useful for the defence in securing a throw out of court on the basis of not being able to get a fair trial, "trial by internet" could come into play? Not saying it's likely to happen, but there could be a remote possibility.

As a minimum, I could see:

• Wilfully dangerous driving, or Dangerous driving,
  • Fail to stop and remain at scene of accident,
  • Fail to report accident.
Maybe even car seized under hoon law.

Looking at it from both sides, the fail to stop part is something anyone of us could be facing on the spur of the moment. It's one of those moments in time where you have to make a decision fast, especially in the more extreme circumstances where you may have badly injured or killed someone. Otherwise law abiding people have chosen the wrong option many times in history and became instant criminal with terrible consequences - not just the court sentence but also the living with the memory of the one maimed or killed.

Anyways, so far a good outcome on the justice side; good thing your boss was in the right place at the time to obtain the rego; even had his pen & notebook at hand!
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

yep, that bend is notorious for cunts coming from the apprentice mechanic centre up the rd to cut sick around the corner and lose it..
Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

if that pole wasnt there...whoever was walking would of been airborne for a few seconds at least. he needs to go buy lotto!

Tags
driver, holden, kills, typical