Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   fishing thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/37854-fishing-thread.html)

Bgwrx 19-10-2010 12:33 PM

fishing thread

ive been chasing bream around guildford, with mixed results. just wondering where other people are fishing around perth and what they are fishing for?

REXXXED 19-10-2010 12:55 PM

Bait or Lure? Boat or Shore?

My favourite black bream spots are the following: Underneath Canning Bridge if you want big bream, however hard to catch....cannot use prawns or any soft bait here as the blowies will just rape you.... get some small mussells or live small black crabs...very strong tide's here, try fishing at the turn of a tide for best results

Behind Jo-Jo's resaurant in my fishing kayak is a very good spot also for black bream

Underneath Garrett road bridge in redcliff/ascot for black break in the yak is also very productive. Or paddle 500-1000 metres upriver and fish the reeds/banks behind the ascot racecourse is good also.

Big kilo+ skippy can be found in the Marina's around Perth (hillarys/mindarie etc) on warmer days with an incoming tide. Same places on stormy winter days and you might find yourself lucky with some small 45cm pink snapper (they come in to feed during/after very rough weather) which is great fun on light gear!!

Plenty of fish/squid to be found around Perth!

Bgwrx 19-10-2010 12:58 PM

ive just been fishing off the shore with river prawns and a few live black crabs, today i picked up a few hard body lures and tomorrow or this arvo might head down to guildford rd bridge

REXXXED 19-10-2010 01:16 PM

[url]http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=garvey+park+perth&fb=1&gl=au&hq=garvey+park&hnear=Perth+WA&cid=0,0,16060022159251615499&ei=jxq9TLLVN4zQcYi-ifUN&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQnwIwAA[/url]

Under the trees in the shade at garvey park, on a really hot day at the turn of the tide with a pack of river prawns will get you good results. Seriously next time its high 30s/40s head down there (really cool under the trees near the river anyway) and you get some nice sized bream (upwards from 35cm). Spent many days there when i lived up in the hills. Coz its only like a 10 minute drive!

End of Hilton Gr, Ascot there's a little car park. All the trees to the left of here overhang the river and are great little bream spots with unweighted whole river prawns. Let us know how you go!

Bgwrx 19-10-2010 01:25 PM

cheers for the tip bro, i think i might go there tomorrow

MadDocker 19-10-2010 01:27 PM

Whitehills.

Live bait sent out while you use the smaller rod to catch Tailor & Herring.

Always good fun.

karina2009 19-10-2010 02:07 PM

My ex's "secret" fishing spot was at blackies in Pt Walter, would go there early morning after tide change and always catch, also directly across from there in mosman park you can go there at night and always catch black bream and bulk taylor easily and with any bait.

Rossco 19-10-2010 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=Bgwrx;502776]ive just been fishing off the shore with river prawns and a few live black crabs, today i picked up a few hard body lures and tomorrow or this arvo might head down to guildford rd bridge[/QUOTE]

Buy PUPRLE river 2 sea baby vibes......

Or purple sx-40's

ImPreSiV 19-10-2010 03:17 PM

I'm just getting in to fishing, been playing around for a while. Always keen to get out and give it a go, time pending.. so if anyone is keen, hit me up and I'll tag along.

gorotsuki69 19-10-2010 03:24 PM

I'm looking to buy a fishing kayak like a Hobie. Do you know if you can go into the sheltered areas of the ocean like penguin island?

[QUOTE=REXXXED;502775]Bait or Lure? Boat or Shore?

My favourite black bream spots are the following: Underneath Canning Bridge if you want big bream, however hard to catch....cannot use prawns or any soft bait here as the blowies will just rape you.... get some small mussells or live small black crabs...very strong tide's here, try fishing at the turn of a tide for best results

Behind Jo-Jo's resaurant in my fishing kayak is a very good spot also for black bream

Underneath Garrett road bridge in redcliff/ascot for black break in the yak is also very productive. Or paddle 500-1000 metres upriver and fish the reeds/banks behind the ascot racecourse is good also.

Big kilo+ skippy can be found in the Marina's around Perth (hillarys/mindarie etc) on warmer days with an incoming tide. Same places on stormy winter days and you might find yourself lucky with some small 45cm pink snapper (they come in to feed during/after very rough weather) which is great fun on light gear!!

Plenty of fish/squid to be found around Perth![/QUOTE]