Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-10-2010, 12:33 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level
Default fishing thread

ive been chasing bream around guildford, with mixed results. just wondering where other people are fishing around perth and what they are fishing for?
Old 19-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Bait or Lure? Boat or Shore?

My favourite black bream spots are the following: Underneath Canning Bridge if you want big bream, however hard to catch....cannot use prawns or any soft bait here as the blowies will just rape you.... get some small mussells or live small black crabs...very strong tide's here, try fishing at the turn of a tide for best results

Behind Jo-Jo's resaurant in my fishing kayak is a very good spot also for black bream

Underneath Garrett road bridge in redcliff/ascot for black break in the yak is also very productive. Or paddle 500-1000 metres upriver and fish the reeds/banks behind the ascot racecourse is good also.

Big kilo+ skippy can be found in the Marina's around Perth (hillarys/mindarie etc) on warmer days with an incoming tide. Same places on stormy winter days and you might find yourself lucky with some small 45cm pink snapper (they come in to feed during/after very rough weather) which is great fun on light gear!!

Plenty of fish/squid to be found around Perth!
Old 19-10-2010, 12:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

ive just been fishing off the shore with river prawns and a few live black crabs, today i picked up a few hard body lures and tomorrow or this arvo might head down to guildford rd bridge
Old 19-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...ed=0CBUQnwIwAA

Under the trees in the shade at garvey park, on a really hot day at the turn of the tide with a pack of river prawns will get you good results. Seriously next time its high 30s/40s head down there (really cool under the trees near the river anyway) and you get some nice sized bream (upwards from 35cm). Spent many days there when i lived up in the hills. Coz its only like a 10 minute drive!

End of Hilton Gr, Ascot there's a little car park. All the trees to the left of here overhang the river and are great little bream spots with unweighted whole river prawns. Let us know how you go!
Old 19-10-2010, 01:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

cheers for the tip bro, i think i might go there tomorrow
Old 19-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Whitehills.

Live bait sent out while you use the smaller rod to catch Tailor & Herring.

Always good fun.
Old 19-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

karina2009 is unrated

My ex's "secret" fishing spot was at blackies in Pt Walter, would go there early morning after tide change and always catch, also directly across from there in mosman park you can go there at night and always catch black bream and bulk taylor easily and with any bait.
Old 19-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgwrx View Post
ive just been fishing off the shore with river prawns and a few live black crabs, today i picked up a few hard body lures and tomorrow or this arvo might head down to guildford rd bridge

Buy PUPRLE river 2 sea baby vibes......

Or purple sx-40's
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 19-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I'm just getting in to fishing, been playing around for a while. Always keen to get out and give it a go, time pending.. so if anyone is keen, hit me up and I'll tag along.
Old 19-10-2010, 03:24 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

I'm looking to buy a fishing kayak like a Hobie. Do you know if you can go into the sheltered areas of the ocean like penguin island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Bait or Lure? Boat or Shore?

My favourite black bream spots are the following: Underneath Canning Bridge if you want big bream, however hard to catch....cannot use prawns or any soft bait here as the blowies will just rape you.... get some small mussells or live small black crabs...very strong tide's here, try fishing at the turn of a tide for best results

Behind Jo-Jo's resaurant in my fishing kayak is a very good spot also for black bream

Underneath Garrett road bridge in redcliff/ascot for black break in the yak is also very productive. Or paddle 500-1000 metres upriver and fish the reeds/banks behind the ascot racecourse is good also.

Big kilo+ skippy can be found in the Marina's around Perth (hillarys/mindarie etc) on warmer days with an incoming tide. Same places on stormy winter days and you might find yourself lucky with some small 45cm pink snapper (they come in to feed during/after very rough weather) which is great fun on light gear!!

Plenty of fish/squid to be found around Perth!

Tags
fishing, thread