Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgwrx View Post
i tried fishing at guildford bridge today for bream, fished for an hour before it got too windy and started to rain. caught two good sized bream.
Pics?
I always take a happy snap and release anything i catch in the river (other than squid of course). I'd rather the bream keep breeding away and make fishing better for the future.

Ever entered Swanfish??
Old 20-10-2010, 04:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Pics?
I always take a happy snap and release anything i catch in the river (other than squid of course). I'd rather the bream keep breeding away and make fishing better for the future.

Ever entered Swanfish??
i will take my camera with me if i head down tomorrow. i dont keep any of the bream i catch this high up in the river, too much pollution in it. i just like fishing i dont do it to eat what i catch, im not that fussed with fish fillets. its all about relaxing....... hows the serenity
Old 20-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Exactly why i go fishing....mind you if i catch a big pinky....she's coming home to my oven!
Old 20-10-2010, 04:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Exactly why i go fishing....mind you if i catch a big pinky....she's coming home to my oven!
yeh there are a few things that are too good to throw back, pinkies are one, good sized whiting and squid are my favorite. i wont throw back mullet if im fortunate to catch a few, they make excellent bait.
Old 21-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Went fishing in the congo river last night and caught me one of these bad boys:
http://www.news.com.au/travel/world/...-1225941552399
Old 21-10-2010, 11:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

thats a bloody weird fish, ive seen his show a few times on foxtel, its worth a watch
Old 27-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

My Cousin and i went yakking last night in Claremont/Swanbourne last night. Freshwater Bay to be more specific.

Between the 2 of us we would have caught at least 10 Black Bream, about 5 or so over 30cm (fat bastards too). A 45cm Flathead, 2 herring, 3 yellowfin whiting and 6 very decent sized King George Whiting....

I didnt even know you could catch these thing in the river! Honestly it was such a good night of fishing.... probably woulda come home with 5 or so sized crabs if i had my scoop on me

Can't wait to head out there again, weather and tide were perfect! Incoming tide allllll day. High tide at 11.18pm. We left at about 12.30am as there wasnt much after the tide turned, and besides we both had to get up early this morning.

I do have pics of what we kept (only the whiting and herring) but im at work so cannot upload at this stage.
Old 27-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

ive started to get back into the fishing scene, but i have no idea on what sort of lure i should be using when fishing in the swan river. Does anyone have some suggestions? much appreciated.
Old 27-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Scoobie Noobie

coon84 at standard level

live bait is the best
lures dun really work from my experience.

wheres the best place to catch black bream and with wat bait??

i read the comments above, but want detail n specific info for best results.
Old 27-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Depends where you're fishing and what you're fishing for.

We usually go a few mile out and try and hit up the Jewfish, Baldchin Groper, King George Whiting and Snapper 'shitting bag limits mean the professionals can over fish and over charge more now days 'especially for Jewfish'.

We've always used mules and octopus, and the odd Sergent Baker we pull up.

Beach fishing mainly use white bait, red prawns, pieces of mules, but we go for Whiting and Tailor only, though on the rare occasion we've actually managed to pull up size Jewfish and Pink Snapper'.

Never had any luck with lures myself but then again don't really know where they're most effective to use.

Tags
fishing, thread