Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru
Default Bali - Must See's, Tips, Tricks and Warnings

Yes there is another thread in 2005 that's exactly the same as this one, way to much hate in that thread and stupid comments from retards (Polar).

Anyway we am heading to Bali next week and am just after any advice on Bali (Not usual travel tips as I have traveled plenty before). Places to see, things to do, where to eat. If you have something useful to input it would be appreciated.

So far on the to do list is:

Both of us are getting tatts done at Bali Ink (owned by aussie's and has a great rep)

Thinking of the Safari Park one day as the Mrs wants to pat a tiger.

Have been told to eat at La Luciola in Seminyak and Jimbaran Bay.

Not sure about Water Bomb park as we are only there for 4 nights I don't really want to waste time there.

What else to do? We are staying in Seminyak

Cheers Guys and Gals!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Last edited by BOMB3R; 22-10-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 22-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

La Luciola is the bomb - for italian food in Bali.

I'd also suggest a sunset drinks at Ku da Ta in Seminyak - all the good looking people go there.
Old 22-10-2010, 10:23 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Jaron go to Ku da Ta, its run by Perth's John Anderson and its a great place for drinks at sunset as mentioned.

Do not pet any dogs you see walking around...rabbies is rampant there..Jimbaran Bay seafood meal on the beach FTW. Very cheap and good feed.
Old 22-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Sir AntiLag

Sayers at standard level

Just for reference, my folks have a couple of serviced luxury villas they rent out on a weekly or longer term basis. They're in the Ocean Valley Village on the southernmost tip of the island. Aircon, pool, etc.

I don't want to make this sound like an ad, so if anyone heading up there is looking into something a bit different for accommodation you're welcome to PM me for the website.

Last edited by Sayers; 22-10-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 22-10-2010, 11:23 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

Not sure why ever one goes on about Jimbaran Bay. it is very over rated and expensive compared to the rest of Bali. I did not think much of it. When at the safari park have lunch at the restaurant. Eating and have a sight like this is very nice.

Old 22-10-2010, 11:36 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Yeah water bomb is fun ut its at least a full half day. Little overrated as well.

Jambarun bay is good!

I heard the safari park is good but i have a bit of a silent protest going on. I recon the animals are all druged so i dont wanna pay em to keep em like that.

Get propper insurance and if you're going on scooters be careful! Also make sure your insurance covers you for the size moped you're riding! Most insurance is only for 50cc but their ones are 60cc i think.

Oh yeah and dont go to any foam parties unless you like eye disease!
Old 22-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Sir AntiLag

Evilliot at standard level

Im headed to Bali on the 28th October - it will be my 9th trip .

Tats are pretty safe with an Aussie shop, but the humidity of the place will take longer to heal - best not to go to water bomb park after getting inked! Save it for your last day and take your own Savlon cream.

The safari Park is good value - the lion is doped up to its eye balls so best to see him early. The Park could fill a whole day.

Find a driver from your hotel ~400,000Rp/day

Get yourself a mobile sim card from the mobile shop next the Bintang supermarket on legian street (Jalan Legian) , if you need to call or text others in Bali. 50,000|Rp will last ~2 weeks.
Get some mozzie spray, hand sanitiser and bottled water from the supermarket too.

Head to Poco Loco - mexican restaurant in Seminyak. Its 'Enuk Sukali' (very delicious) Cheap drinks and generous servings

White water rafting with Sobek is good value ~$65USD

Macaroni in Kuta does the best watermelon juice and club sandwich in town. Easy to spot with the tarted up indo girl out the front!

my most frequently used quote: "Bintang basar , din-gin Sukali" - a large Bintang very cold

Enjoy

Elliot

KB Rallysport
Project 'Monte Carlo' , Pilot Elliot KB
Weekend Warrior - Renault Megan, Pilot Adrian KB
Old 22-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilliot View Post
my most frequently used quote: "Bintang basar , din-gin Sukali" - a large Bintang very cold
That's all the info I need

haha thanks guys, keep em coming!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 22-10-2010, 12:38 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

get a massage up in Ubud - 3 hours of luxury and the mrs can get a spa treatment at the same time - while up in Ubud eat some ribs from the street vendors - this is a 3/4 day exersice but great for winding down

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 22-10-2010, 01:20 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

mix max's from the circle k's or seven 11's... like vodka cruisers, get you well fucked up! We were smashing them down for breakfast..

Across from Water Bomb Park is a shopping centre called madahari's, go thru that to the back on the water and there are these huts you can have a nice meal at, or down on the beach is a place you can sit in the water and eat...

The usual eating places, Indo-national - run by Aussies, pretty good food, service is ok, and prices reasonable. We ate at several good places, only I don't remember the names. One place was in Poppy's Lane II, where the big blue wave is (that you can have photo's on a surfboard) had pizza there, it was good.

Another place was on the main drag, near the bomb memorial, come out of poppies lane II turn left and then heading past the surf store on the corner, down a few 100m, the place had 2 level's, was just a cafe, but food was really nice.

Oh and Jaron, if you want to hire a scooter or something, go see a friend of mine, Pieter (pronounced Peter) who runs the 'Big Boys Toys' Hobby shop in Poppies Lane 2, on the left hand side (heading towards the beach), kinda hidden away but you'll see a sign if you look (usually some remote control cars near the sign) and he'll hook you up with a scooter from the guys a couple of shops up.

All you'll need is a drivers licence (sometimes ur Aussie one is enough, otherwise, get an international just in case) and a helmet, and the local cops will leave you alone. Enjoy negotiating the traffic.. rules are, if you can ride down it, you can ride down it :P (footpaths included)

Tags
bali, boogie board bag, giant wooden cocks ftw, go visit chappelle corby, jaron is cockwhipped, pleade insanity when caught with your drugs, say yes to meth, tips, tricks, warnings