Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Vodafail (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/39279-vodafail.html)

perthzed 29-12-2010 07:40 AM

Vodafail

Unfortunately I have 8 months still to run on my Vodafone contract. Does anyone know if it's possible to break the contract without having to pay a fee? Reason being, is the service/reception etc is abysmal. Even in Perth CBD I sometimes struggle to get a strong signal. I've tried phoning the fuckers, but either get cut off or put on hold/transferred to multiple depts etc etc. They also now have a callback service, you leave your number and they call back. Well it's been 3 days now & I'm still waiting!

thebish 29-12-2010 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=perthzed;523098]Unfortunately I have 8 months still to run on my Vodafone contract. Does anyone know if it's possible to break the contract without having to pay a fee? Reason being, is the service/reception etc is abysmal. Even in Perth CBD I sometimes struggle to get a strong signal. I've tried phoning the fuckers, but either get cut off or put on hold/transferred to multiple depts etc etc. They also now have a callback service, you leave your number and they call back. Well it's been 3 days now & I'm still waiting![/QUOTE]

yeah for sure, ring up and just tell them

I have a mate who just stepped out of a contract after only 2 months!!

they won't be at all surprised when you tell them you're pissed :)

apg39 29-12-2010 08:26 AM

Call the Ombudsman or lodge a complaint online - be sure to email the Vodafail complaints team as well telling them you lodged the complaint with the Ombudsman, no doubt in a day they will call you.

[url]http://www.tio.com.au/[/url]

NVRENUF 29-12-2010 08:46 AM

Vodafone is shit lately how ever the other two guys are not any better.

Customer Service with
optus
vodafone
and telstra are all just as bad as each other. Its just like changing jobs, same shit different employer.

Grass isnt greener on the other side haha.

I had to ring optus a month back to activate a phone for my brother in law, 2 hours on the phone on hold, finally got through to some one and they put me on hold again and got cut off, ring back sorry we are closed.

Vodafone call back service well they did ring me back with in the hour. that was first thing in the morning.

To get out of contract I would say you need to lodge complaints with vodafone then if no resolve contact TIO keep note of times, people spoken with, answer you were given etc etc.

To be honest Vodafone has been good to me over the last 10 to 15 years, its only really this last 6 months they have really been bad.
and im sure with all the stuff happening they are going to have to pick up their act a bit.
But I'm not going to change for the sack of changing, wont be any better anywhere else.

Just on signal and range My work iphone is an Optus sim and signal is just as bad in places where my vodafone has dropped off as well, as i have them right next to each other. So being that i have 1 of each, nothing my optus phone does would make me want to switch.

Signal wise Telstra is your only answer, but thats what your paying for with their crap prices, as they know people will stay with them for that reason.

my 2 cents

GTB Liberty 29-12-2010 08:53 AM

Get an ABN and a small business account. You'll get priority service.

perthzed 29-12-2010 08:54 AM

Customer Service may not be great with the other providers, but coverage with Telstra shits all over Vodafone. Went to Wedge the other day & my mates both had coverage the entire way to Wedge. Mine dropped out 5 mins out of Wanneroo & stayed like that. It drops out in the city, at home, Joondalup etc It's abysmal. Anyway I've lodged a complaint with the TIO & emailed Piper Alderman (class action).

Tommosaurus 29-12-2010 09:12 AM

Vodafone are one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with.
It's not just Australia either, they have fucked me off to no end overseas too. I will never use them again.
Are virgin mobile still going? I haven't heard jack from them in ages.

saturation 29-12-2010 09:16 AM

Virgin mobile ARE fucking crap (DO NOT RECOMMEND), you do not want to change to them, even worse than vodafone (having changed from vodafone to them 1.5 years ago).

They fucked my global roaming and my voicemail, in the end they reset my voicemail so I lost all messages. For roaming I had to make in excess of $100 of calls to get roaming put on from overseas, when I had already specified and got email confirmation that it was on prior to leaving Oz. For all my trouble they gave me a $20 credit as "goodwill", they did not even acknowledge it was their fault. Told them to stick it up their arse, its with the ombudsman now.

Oh and their CS is all in India, so try having a debate with them about anything! when they are not sure they just go quiet like a dead phone line.

SyncSubaru 29-12-2010 09:27 AM

Vodafail is under Class Action Lawsuit at the moment. Three is good but has just been bought out by vodafone.

Guys, as much as it pains me to say it - telstra is actually the best for mobile phone call product quality at the moment.

perthzed 29-12-2010 09:50 AM

They are giving me 2 months free credit, apparently they are having some upgrades in Jan to sort all their shit comms issues out, we'll see...

mitchwnz 29-12-2010 10:16 AM

I'm with Telstra for my ifail 4... called them up the other day to complain I didn't have enough data, the dude on the phone was awesome... added 3gb worth for $10.00 a month, couldn't believe it! Pays to complain every now and then.

Hurtenstein 29-12-2010 10:34 AM

^^
fuck yeah,
my 79 cap was meant to come with 512MB but they were dishing out a 1GB bonus when i signed up.
I got an sms saying i was over so i checked it out and they were going to sting me $26 for being at 750 odd MB.
I rang them up to ask what the fuck and the guy said yeah sorry, by the way ill bung you on 2GB a month from now on.
Still all on my $79 cap.

First win ive ever had with telstra, I even stayed on the line to do the service report thing to give that bloke 5 stars.

thebish 29-12-2010 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed;523128]They are giving me 2 months free credit, apparently they are having some upgrades in Jan to sort all their shit comms issues out, we'll see...[/QUOTE]

you wanted to break contract and settled for this?

did you read my post?

JDM_STYLE 29-12-2010 03:29 PM

My internet coverage/signal was "3g" up until a month ago and was easily smashing my 1GB monthly allowance but in the last month I've only been able to get "E" and cant even use 500mb of my plan as it's so slow and fails constantly.

Has anyone else had this in the last month or so?

Shits me because as soon as I signed up on a new plan where they give me 3GB mth the coverage has turned to shite!!!

Not happy Jan!!

teejay 29-12-2010 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=thebish;523184]you wanted to break contract and settled for this?

did you read my post?[/QUOTE]

Your post is bs without an entire story.

Phone companies do not let people walk away by just saying "i dont like this, cya"

Vodafones issue atm (coming from a friend over east within the company itself)

Telstra have been fucking them around on their tower access, to which a upgrade was required. Voda techs fucked the first upgrade, and have been playing catch up since. They should be back to good in a month or so.

Ive been with them 6 years, never had an issue until the outage 2 Saturdays ago.

thebish 29-12-2010 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;523216]Your post is bs without an entire story.

Phone companies do not let people walk away by just saying "i dont like this, cya"

Vodafones issue atm (coming from a friend over east within the company itself)

Telstra have been fucking them around on their tower access, to which a upgrade was required. Voda techs fucked the first upgrade, and have been playing catch up since. They should be back to good in a month or so.

Ive been with them 6 years, never had an issue until the outage 2 Saturdays ago.[/QUOTE]

paper the other day reported that customers would be entitled to walk from their contracts due to breach of said contract.

heaps of people did

the guy had been on contract for 2.5 months, rang up - cancelled his contract - nothing to pay - and sent the phone that came with his contract back

there was a mass exodus, I have no reason to bs, just passing on what my workmate did, I was sat next to him while he was one the phone to them.

[url]http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/vodafone-customers-given-green-light-to-walk-by-accc-for-poor-service/story-e6frfmd9-1225971785208[/url]

MY99GT 29-12-2010 05:01 PM

I just got off the phone with Three (owned by Voda i believe?).. quite possibly the worst customer service i have ever received. The guy was rude, argumentative and constantly talking over the top of me. In the end i told him to get fucked and put the phone down.

How do these people get away with it? If i dealt with someone like that in my profession i would be out on my arse in no time.

I'm being charged $300 by Three because i went over my data limit whilst watching the cricket, so i rang up Three to apply for more data and was told that there were serveral services on my phone that were not activated (which the guy said was their fault and recitified over the next 48 hours). Included in the missing services was the ability to check my data usage, and access to Planet3. This ignorant pr*ck told me that i should of used my planet3 to access the cricket.. i tried to explain that i could not access Planet3 at that point... when i eventually got to planet3 and clicked live cricket, all it does it direct me to the Itunes app store to download the vodafone app (which is exactly what i had already done). I wouldn't be so annoyed but i had already called Three 2 or 3 times to ask why i couldn't see my data usage, and was given 3 different answers (ranging from it wasn't compatible with Iphone 4, to my handset is broken and i should go to an apple store).

I now have the TIO involved, and will hopefully get a result from that. Isn;t there a rule that says i should have received a call to advise me that i was already 3/4 times over my cap???

Anyway, sorry to Hijack and rant... that call just p*ssed me right off.

teejay 29-12-2010 05:01 PM

The news story is for customers in Melbourne who have been having the massive issues, not people in Perth affected by the one day drop out.

Further more, there has been a follow up story -

[quote]Vodafone service issues

The ACCC is aware of reports in the media that some of Vodafone’s mobile customers have been experiencing problems, including call failures and slow data speeds.

"However contrary to some media reports the ACCC does not advise consumers that they are entitled to walk away from their contracts as a means of addressing their concerns," ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said today.

Consumers experiencing difficulties with their services should first contact their service provider to try and resolve the issue. If that doesn’t work, they should contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman on 1800 062 058. Consumers can also contact the ACCC 1300 302 502 and state and territory Offices of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs for further information in relation to their consumer rights.

The ACCC expects that service providers should be keeping their customers fully informed of any problems that they may be experiencing with their networks.

Consumers' statutory rights

The Trade Practices Act 1974 protects consumers when they buy goods and services – it provides that there are legal rights and obligations in every contract between a buyer and a seller. These are statutory rights and automatically form part of every contract between the buyer and the seller. It is important to distinguish the rights and remedies that apply to goods as opposed to services, as these can be different.

All contracts for services contain a number of statutory warranties, including the requirement that any service must be carried with due care and skill; and that the service should be reasonably fit for any particular purpose the consumer made known to the seller.

Services that do not meet a statutory warranty breach the contract between consumer and seller. The consumer is entitled to a remedy, which can include things like: having the services supplied again, the payment of the costs of having the services supplied again and compensation for any loss they suffer.

Release # NR 277/10
Issued: 16th December 2010[/quote]

[url]http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/962862[/url]

thebish 29-12-2010 05:03 PM

[url]http://www.vodafail.com/[/url]

In short I am a disgruntled Vodafone customer after using the service for less than 6 weeks. After my relentless attempts to contact Vodafone customer support to resolve my issues I have no choice but to create a website to express my dissatisfaction to the world.

Update: Vodafone agreed to release me from my contract on December 21 and I am in the process of finding a new provider.

thebish 29-12-2010 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;523235]The news story is for customers in Melbourne who have been having the massive issues, not people in Perth affected by the one day drop out.

Further more, there has been a follow up story -

[url]http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/962862[/url][/QUOTE]

hahahaha people in perth have been having massive issues too.....just not you apparently!

[url]http://www.vodafail.com/pain.php?state=WA[/url]

well you're right mate

he didn't just walk from his contract

I just made that bit up

ffs

Kato 29-12-2010 05:24 PM

I've been having the on and off again data and voice. Will be somewhere where I am showing up as 3G yet have no data. Having a few calls drop as places that were 2 bars are now 1 bar etc. Might have to give them a call and see if I can score a credit...

Anyone who 'walked' out of a contract did extremely well. But where do you walk to?

perthzed 29-12-2010 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=thebish;523184]you wanted to break contract and settled for this?

did you read my post?[/QUOTE]

Henry (Sanjay) who may have been captain of India's debating team at some point in his life, wasn't going to let me break contract without paying it out. 2 and a half hours is my limit for being on the phone, so I'll settle with 2 months free credit & call them back after the upgrades if the service is still shite.

thebish 30-12-2010 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=perthzed;523250]Henry (Sanjay) who may have been captain of India's debating team at some point in his life, wasn't going to let me break contract without paying it out. 2 and a half hours is my limit for being on the phone, so I'll settle with 2 months free credit & call them back after the upgrades if the service is still shite.[/QUOTE]

hahaha fair doos

perhaps you needed to have an effeminate but stern manner like my workmate :)

perthzed 06-01-2011 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=thebish;523353]hahaha fair doos

perhaps you needed to have an effeminate but stern manner like my workmate :)[/QUOTE]

Got a call back from the TIO & they are allowing me to break contract without paying exit fees. Sweet!

Tommosaurus 06-01-2011 07:49 AM

I'm surprised Orange and O2 aren't in australia yet. I've been using O2 in England (after ditching vodafone) and they are much easier to deal with. Still a phone company at the end of the day, but the pain is far, far less.

JDM_STYLE 06-01-2011 03:34 PM

^^^Orange was here quite a few years back but didn't last too long.

Perthzed did you have to send your handset back at all?

BLUES 06-01-2011 05:32 PM

Orange = Hutchison = '3' = Vodafone

Same, same.

zmk 06-01-2011 06:19 PM

Who are you going to be switching to perthzed?

Pimpreza 06-01-2011 07:07 PM

I only use my phone as a phone so I'm not too sure about their net deals but TPG have some pretty good plans.
[url]http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.html[/url]

perthzed 07-01-2011 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;525054]^^^Orange was here quite a few years back but didn't last too long.

Perthzed did you have to send your handset back at all?[/QUOTE]

Yeah had to pay $75, which was what was left owing. Switching to Telstra.

Philbo 07-01-2011 02:10 PM

Ok so If I whinge enough about 3's shit coverage and the fact they wont let me swith over to vodafone to utilise their free roaming in rural areas option where do I stand in breaking contract ?

1. Their Coverage is shite
2. They charge me for calling their own 13 contact numbers inc billing and other things
3. They charge me for roaming calls within WA even though its meant to be included in my $79 a month unlimited cap.
4. Their Coverage is appalling.
5. They have the cheek to attempt to get me to pay three weeks in advance before my bill is even due and dont stop calling me for a week at least two phone calls a day. I have recordings of it too, even one of me telling them to "politely leave me the F*** alone" and "Please don't call me before 9am and after 5pm"
6. Ring up querying my bill and i'm on hold for 40 mins hang up re try again another 20 mins and I get slogged on my next fucking bill for $47.84 for calling there FUCKING 13 help line !!!!

Three is shite as well as VODAFAIL, now they are the same company its EVEN MORE FUCKING WORSE THAN IT WAS BEFORE.

Rant over. But seriously options ? or Opinions ?

Thanks

DAN682 07-01-2011 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Philbo;525340]Ok so If I whinge enough about 3's shit coverage and the fact they wont let me swith over to vodafone to utilise their free roaming in rural areas option where do I stand in breaking contract ?

1. Their Coverage is shite
2. They charge me for calling their own 13 contact numbers inc billing and other things
3. They charge me for roaming calls within WA even though its meant to be included in my $79 a month unlimited cap.
4. Their Coverage is appalling.
5. They have the cheek to attempt to get me to pay three weeks in advance before my bill is even due and dont stop calling me for a week at least two phone calls a day. I have recordings of it too, even one of me telling them to "politely leave me the F*** alone" and "Please don't call me before 9am and after 5pm"
6. Ring up querying my bill and i'm on hold for 40 mins hang up re try again another 20 mins and I get slogged on my next fucking bill for $47.84 for calling there FUCKING 13 help line !!!!

Three is shite as well as VODAFAIL, now they are the same company its EVEN MORE FUCKING WORSE THAN IT WAS BEFORE.

Rant over. But seriously options ? or Opinions ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Telecommunications ombudsman

fa7boy 07-01-2011 02:28 PM

VODAFONE is fucken shit shit shit... got 6 months left on my contract and i cant wait to get out... went down hill ever since the merged or whatever with 3

perthzed 07-01-2011 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=fa7boy;525345]VODAFONE is fucken shit shit shit... got 6 months left on my contract and i cant wait to get out... went down hill ever since the merged or whatever with 3[/QUOTE]

Contact the TIO, worked for me.

stebaun 07-01-2011 03:25 PM

I've only been with voda for 2 months but the reception has been shit since the beginning. Contacted the TIO and I am now able to break my contract with no fees, just have to send the phone back.

fa7boy 07-01-2011 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed;525349]Contact the TIO, worked for me.[/QUOTE]

whats TIO...?! lol.. and do you hav their number handy by any change :p

perthzed 07-01-2011 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=fa7boy;525390]whats TIO...?! lol.. and do you hav their number handy by any change :p[/QUOTE]

telecoms Ombudsman

[url]http://www.tio.com.au/ComplaintForm/ComplaintFormS1.asp[/url]

Fill out form & they'll call u after a few days - week.

JDM_STYLE 07-01-2011 10:04 PM

Reception for me out the back of Canningvale was fine up until November when it turned to shit, probably has something to do with them joining up with 3!!!!

Not many carrier options left for me if I was to get out of this one except gheyz Telstra and their whack priced plans with fark all data and shit phones. :(

Rossco 07-01-2011 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;525054]^^^Orange was here quite a few years back but didn't last too long.

Perthzed did you have to send your handset back at all?[/QUOTE]

Orange Is Hutchinson telecoms....They're here but target corporate accounts.

fa7boy 08-01-2011 12:07 AM

jus lodged a complaint with the TIO.. will let u know of the outcome