Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2010, 07:40 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level
Default Vodafail

Unfortunately I have 8 months still to run on my Vodafone contract. Does anyone know if it's possible to break the contract without having to pay a fee? Reason being, is the service/reception etc is abysmal. Even in Perth CBD I sometimes struggle to get a strong signal. I've tried phoning the fuckers, but either get cut off or put on hold/transferred to multiple depts etc etc. They also now have a callback service, you leave your number and they call back. Well it's been 3 days now & I'm still waiting!
Old 29-12-2010, 08:23 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

thebish at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed View Post
Unfortunately I have 8 months still to run on my Vodafone contract. Does anyone know if it's possible to break the contract without having to pay a fee? Reason being, is the service/reception etc is abysmal. Even in Perth CBD I sometimes struggle to get a strong signal. I've tried phoning the fuckers, but either get cut off or put on hold/transferred to multiple depts etc etc. They also now have a callback service, you leave your number and they call back. Well it's been 3 days now & I'm still waiting!
yeah for sure, ring up and just tell them

I have a mate who just stepped out of a contract after only 2 months!!

they won't be at all surprised when you tell them you're pissed
Old 29-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Call the Ombudsman or lodge a complaint online - be sure to email the Vodafail complaints team as well telling them you lodged the complaint with the Ombudsman, no doubt in a day they will call you.

http://www.tio.com.au/
Old 29-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Vodafone is shit lately how ever the other two guys are not any better.

Customer Service with
optus
vodafone
and telstra are all just as bad as each other. Its just like changing jobs, same shit different employer.

Grass isnt greener on the other side haha.

I had to ring optus a month back to activate a phone for my brother in law, 2 hours on the phone on hold, finally got through to some one and they put me on hold again and got cut off, ring back sorry we are closed.

Vodafone call back service well they did ring me back with in the hour. that was first thing in the morning.

To get out of contract I would say you need to lodge complaints with vodafone then if no resolve contact TIO keep note of times, people spoken with, answer you were given etc etc.

To be honest Vodafone has been good to me over the last 10 to 15 years, its only really this last 6 months they have really been bad.
and im sure with all the stuff happening they are going to have to pick up their act a bit.
But I'm not going to change for the sack of changing, wont be any better anywhere else.

Just on signal and range My work iphone is an Optus sim and signal is just as bad in places where my vodafone has dropped off as well, as i have them right next to each other. So being that i have 1 of each, nothing my optus phone does would make me want to switch.

Signal wise Telstra is your only answer, but thats what your paying for with their crap prices, as they know people will stay with them for that reason.

my 2 cents
Old 29-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Get an ABN and a small business account. You'll get priority service.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:54 AM
STI Master

Customer Service may not be great with the other providers, but coverage with Telstra shits all over Vodafone. Went to Wedge the other day & my mates both had coverage the entire way to Wedge. Mine dropped out 5 mins out of Wanneroo & stayed like that. It drops out in the city, at home, Joondalup etc It's abysmal. Anyway I've lodged a complaint with the TIO & emailed Piper Alderman (class action).
Old 29-12-2010, 09:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Vodafone are one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with.
It's not just Australia either, they have fucked me off to no end overseas too. I will never use them again.
Are virgin mobile still going? I haven't heard jack from them in ages.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Virgin mobile ARE fucking crap (DO NOT RECOMMEND), you do not want to change to them, even worse than vodafone (having changed from vodafone to them 1.5 years ago).

They fucked my global roaming and my voicemail, in the end they reset my voicemail so I lost all messages. For roaming I had to make in excess of $100 of calls to get roaming put on from overseas, when I had already specified and got email confirmation that it was on prior to leaving Oz. For all my trouble they gave me a $20 credit as "goodwill", they did not even acknowledge it was their fault. Told them to stick it up their arse, its with the ombudsman now.

Oh and their CS is all in India, so try having a debate with them about anything! when they are not sure they just go quiet like a dead phone line.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Vodafail is under Class Action Lawsuit at the moment. Three is good but has just been bought out by vodafone.

Guys, as much as it pains me to say it - telstra is actually the best for mobile phone call product quality at the moment.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:50 AM
STI Master

They are giving me 2 months free credit, apparently they are having some upgrades in Jan to sort all their shit comms issues out, we'll see...

Tags
vodafail