Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Work Matters (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/40273-work-matters.html)

Master D 16-02-2011 09:06 PM

kinda hard to document it unfortunatly, this has been over 6+months

Rossco 16-02-2011 09:11 PM

Document EVERYTHING.
Make hard copies of any calender based scheduling changes.
Make hard copies of anything that shows you being diverted from one job to another (even SMS's).
Photocopy your work diary if you have one.

After the interview [U]you are NOT obligated to sign any letters or documents pertaining to the subject of the interview[/U].

Do not be coerced into signing a warning letter......It demonstrates that you agree to the reasons for the warning.

Take notes during the meeting, you are entitled to do so for future reference.

And last of all, your boss/manager will probably try to wind you up if he's lining you up to be dismissed, don't react, keep your wits about you.....Ask for time to process the information he presents to you & keep calm.

Best of luck buddy.

Jeckle 16-02-2011 09:34 PM

^^^ definatley WHS, even if you don't stay there.

Or do you want to stay if you have other options. You have to be happy there, and air cons are big here in WA.

apg39 16-02-2011 09:41 PM

Take your elderly nan (or borrow one), apologise that you had to bring her...her full time carer quit & struggling to replace her & currently scraping together money so she can get necessary surgery.

Master D 16-02-2011 10:22 PM

hahaha thanks guys...

rossco - unfortunatly its only ever subject to change by phone call. ie " you need to go here now" and its not the sort of thing you document rigorusly because ive always viewed it as they'll reward me for doing such a good job and putting in the effort.
For example in october i attended 26 service calls across the month.....
i struggle to remember what i did last month, let alone months ago.

luckily enough for me if i can't come to an agreement suitable for me or can't put up with their shit much longer. Subsequently after a 2 phone calls this afternoon, i now have 2 offers on the table from other companies, both offering better Money, conditions & vehicles that what i have currently.

I'm really not fussed by all this now as i'm wanted else where & i think i'll take this as a shove in the direction i was not going to make by myself.

RichX 16-02-2011 10:26 PM

Working for a great business, with good culture, excellent people etc is worth so much - Good luck with those future employers :)

Jeckle 16-02-2011 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;536996] Subsequently after a 2 phone calls this afternoon, i now have 2 offers on the table from other companies, both offering better Money, conditions & vehicles that what i have currently.

I'm really not fussed by all this now as i'm wanted else where & i think i'll take this as a shove in the direction i was not going to make by myself.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved, life is to short to put up with a shit boss.

JDM_STYLE 16-02-2011 10:41 PM

If that's the case I'd be lining up one of those new jobs to start soon after this meeting as it sounds like a much better deal on the table, if it was me I'd go to said meeting to see what bullshit he says then hand him a letter of resignation at the end with a massive smile.

Master D 16-02-2011 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;537005]If that's the case I'd be lining up one of those new jobs to start soon after this meeting as it sounds like a much better deal on the table, if it was me I'd go to said meeting to see what bullshit he says then hand him a letter of resignation at the end with a massive smile.[/QUOTE]

Haha you read my mind wayno :D

dtrally 16-02-2011 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=RichX;536998]Working for a great business, with good culture, excellent people etc is worth so much - Good luck with those future employers :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly.

If the place you're at is shit, no point getting some fat union dude to go in swinging for you. Someone I know did that at a couple of jobs because the scaffolding was the wrong colour or the water in the drink machine wasn't cold enough. Now he sits on the couch all day playing video games because he's unemployable. (word gets around) ;)

P.S. If you need someone to go in windmill punching......get Burke!:eek: