Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Spelling (or lack thereof) (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4031-spelling-lack-thereof.html)

methd 01-03-2006 11:47 PM

looks like we need to introduce the spelling and grammar police again ! but some people got every annoyed, since they feel it's a personal attack on their intelligence for not being able to spell... well duuuh !!

jEstEr? 02-03-2006 01:46 AM

fair enough if you can't speak english very well because your from another country, but if your an 18 yearold wigga with an sti and you like to think your a gangster.... learn to type, or i'll set bernie on your leg.

Hatched 02-03-2006 09:20 AM

Agreed. We all know there are only a hand full of members here that dont type properly. But its not only using the SMS lingo, its like they are trying to type so quickly that they even put letters in the wrong sequence. Grow up and type correctly geeks....

e-rex-shon 02-03-2006 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=Carnivore]why the hell should it matter how anyone spells on the internet... were not in an english class and yeah what he sed :P less geek and more wrx :)[/QUOTE]

Because it is annoying, hard to read, and makes you sound as thick as shit! :D

BLUES 02-03-2006 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Hi_VoLtAgE]dude do you have any idea how slow and dumb my mind is.....seriously i failed yeah 12[/QUOTE]

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

scary 02-03-2006 11:55 AM

I only have 9 fingers so there are no excuses!!!!

[QUOTE=Jaded]hahhha keyboard warrior spec

nice one!

and I agree.. it doesnt take THAT much more time to type the word properly.. unless you are a 1 finger typer.. in which case you need plenty of practice to increase your speed.. so taking short cuts will not help you ![/QUOTE]

Josh 02-03-2006 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=scary]I only have 9 fingers so there are no excuses!!!![/QUOTE]

I only have 8 :( and two thumbs :P

Narchi 02-03-2006 01:24 PM

Believe me everyone make the odd mistake in their spelling. Its not just a few. I know i put em in the wrong sequence and wat not but thats coz im still not used to a stupid laptop keyboard. I type fast and yes i do miss letters. So what. Its the internet. Not 12 grade english. I come on here to read about wrxs and what people (by the way those that complain about sms lingo. ppl is sms lingo) have to say about issue that might relate to me. If your on the computer a fair amount ull notice and know what the common mistakes are like teh, pwner and that sorta thing. Yeah theres a few words i didnt know wen i got on here like TBE and CAI. Y not type the whole thing! Coz it aint that hard to work it out if u got a brain.

Edit: I know im a culprit of the spelling but my 2 cents neway.

methd 02-03-2006 01:30 PM

a typing error is not the same as not knowing how to spell a word :)

Narchi 02-03-2006 01:31 PM

Oh well then im not a culprit lol. If i dont know how to spell a word i use something else.