Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-2011, 05:22 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Surprisingly good meals when ordered online.

On the flight to Bali, I had ordered a chicken and salad roll. The chicken that came on it looked a bit like devon, just compressed crap. The lettuce was dirty and soggy, the tomato had soaked through all the bread making it soggy.

All in all, I took one bite, spat it out and could taste vomit in my mouth for the rest of the trip. - I rarely refuse to eat any food, but that was just horrible.

When I first walked on the plane I got an overwhelming smell of human faeces that just didn't go away.

I'm just your average 5'9 and no matter how I sat, my knees were squished into the seats in front.

All in all it was a rather terrible flight. However coming home wasn't too bad. They gave me a whole row of seats to myself (and the girl at the check in wrote her email on my ticket ) I still refused to touch the food even though I had pre ordered it online. Wasn't too fussed at the smell after 2 weeks in Bali.

Still, I'd fly with them again. I just wouldn't rate their food at all.
Old 21-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

If were talking "Air Asia" food, my experience was much different. Travelling from Bali to Phuket ordered chicken roast (western) and chicken satay with rice (Asian) - both were great for airline food.

The cleanliness of the plane was simply exceptional in comparison to the Jetstar flight to Bali.
Old 21-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

It's a show cause notice guys. Aussie airlines rarely get these (Ansett were the last) and U.S Carriers get them every 5 minutes, it's hardly a RIP Tiger. It's just show us some doco stating that you keep your aircraft up to date etc...

If they can't / don't then yes, RIP Tiger, but I am sure they will hand over the doco and they will continue to be the shit carrier that keeps the bastards honest.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:52 AM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
If were talking "Air Asia" food
Yup, Air Asia food. It might have just been a bad batch, or sandwiches in general. I'll try something hot next time in June.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Ive flown with them before and they werent that bad... I've had worse service and food on Malaysian :/

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen
Old 27-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Never flown tiger and i never will, only really heard bad things from mates, none of them have ever had a fligght leave on time, shitty space no comfort, one said it felt like the plane was gonna break apart mid air. They do seem to be abit cheaper then everyone these days including its main rivals, jetstar and virgin. Meaning the probably do everything on the real cheap, which is a bit of a worry for me. Remind me of garuda abit, garuda got banned from flying to europe for a fair while coz their standards dropped heaps. Similar for tiger now it seems. Friend was an air hostess for them until a few weeks ago, only lasted about 8 months with them, just couldnt deal with their shit anymore.

Ive flown Air Asia to europe, rated the best low cost carrier, werent too bad but i mean you get what you pay for thats all i can say. Flew jestar once to singapore, flight was delayed by 2 hours, and when its a 2am flight it feels alot worse, and once again, you get what you pay for, nothing really haha. Decided after that flight i wasnt flying budget anymore.

Im flying with Air New Zealand to LA in 6 weeks time, they look amazing and are highly rated by the industry and people i know.
Old 27-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N View Post
Im flying with Air New Zealand to LA in 6 weeks time, they look amazing and are highly rated by the industry and people i know.
I fly Air NZ back to NZ twice a year.. awesome service, you will love it.

They use 777's to the USA via Auckland.. you'll fly on a 767 to Auckland first which is ok.

Food and wine is amazing though..
Old 27-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N View Post

A few of my family members have done that exact flight and all have said that it shits on Qantas.
Old 27-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

We took tiger airways to Singapore and back was first time traveling with them apart from leg clearance everything when pretty smooth.... oh and if you a wee bit over weight GG
Old 28-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
A few of my family members have done that exact flight and all have said that it shits on Qantas.
yeah looks the goods, only gripe is got a 14 hour lay over in auckland. Guess ill get to see abit of NZ as i havent been before but just makes the travelling feel so long

Tags
airways, rip, tiger