Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2011, 11:42 AM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level
Default Nesspresso Machine

Anyone here have one?

How do you find the coffee?

I just purchased one but it won't arrive for 10 days (got it with credit card reward points!) and purchased 250 capsules, is there anything i should be aware of?

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 24-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

I've got the Lattisima, perfect for our needs. I would recommend that you try all the blends and find your favourite ones before ordering capsules, but it's a bit late for that!! Make sure you clean it after use religiously, it only take 30 seconds if that - my Mum has the same machine and my brother didnt clean the milk pipe out after making a coffee and it was a bitch to get the crusted milk out, plus it stunk!

Overall I reckon they are great bang for your buck for an easy machine without all the fuss manual machines leave you with.

I have a few friends with manual machines and I find the coffee can be hit and miss, whether its the grind or a bad blend I dunno, but at least with the Nespresso you can program it for your cup size and make exactly the same coffee every time.

Have fun!

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 24-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Quick, easy and ok coffee.
Cant go wrong if that's what you're after.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Got the Silver Latissimo (EN680M i think off the top of my head). I had to reprogram mine. The factory settings programmed into the machine did not equal what was in the manual - it would overfill the latte glass.

Latte temps are shit. You will need to microwave a latte for 10-20 seconds depending on your desired drinking temp. You cannot adjust the machine. Nespressos remarks were that it is the way europeans drink there coffee, and to run the clean cycle plus espresso to get hot water through pipes before hand, also pre-heating cup with hot water will help.

My sister has the citiz, and it comes out piping hot, but you have to refill the milk frother for each cup - too much pissing around IMO.

The Roma is a good all round coffee for most people, even if they dont like strong coffee. Another favourite of mine are the Appregio and Cosi. Dont listen to the "strength" ratings. The Appregio is a 9, yet it is not that strong. You'll get a sample of all of the normal capsules (16).

You can get capsules from Myer in Perth (level 2) or order online from Nespresso - I think if you buy over 200 capsules is half price postage ($4 IIRC).

All in all, good bang for buck as far as I am concerned - Just wish you could adjust Milk thermostat.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Yeah they're okay.. if you work it out "per kg", it costs more than even the best coffee you can buy as whole beans.

In that regard, I always recommend a Saeco or Gaggia automatic espresso machine which takes whole beans. It will cost you more to start with, but you get infinite bean choice throughout the life of the machine.

Taste wise, Nespresso is on par with Saeco and Gaggia automatics.

But for pure convenience and ease of cleaning, the Nespresso wins by a mile.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

You can buy resealable pods from ebay and then grind whatever coffee you want and chuck em in if you want. Saves alot of money and then you have the freedom of beans.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Mikka at standard level

Yeah they are good machines. Good Coffee. I like the Espresso Volluto and the Colombia and India coffee capsules myself. Buying 50 capsule plus postage works out to about a Dollar a coffee which is pretty cheap i think.

LATTISSIMA Delonghi auto. EN680 is the machine i have, its perfect for the limited space i have in the Kitchen.

Enjoy
Old 24-05-2011, 01:48 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

One of my neighbors has one of these cheap ebay fully automatic machines and had no problems with it for 4-5 months now. There are a few brand names for the same thing.

New Fully Automatic Cappuccino Espresso Coffee Machine | eBay
Old 24-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Have one at work.

Cheap, easy for monkeys to use, makes decent coffee.

Issues I find are that it doesn't do the milk hot enough and you become a fatty boombah drinking 30 cups a day.
Old 24-05-2011, 01:55 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Yeah they're okay.. if you work it out "per kg", it costs more than even the best coffee you can buy as whole beans.

In that regard, I always recommend a Saeco or Gaggia automatic espresso machine which takes whole beans. It will cost you more to start with, but you get infinite bean choice throughout the life of the machine.

Taste wise, Nespresso is on par with Saeco and Gaggia automatics.

But for pure convenience and ease of cleaning, the Nespresso wins by a mile.
I get what you are saying but for the price and the amount we will be drinking i just CBF with all the clean up and hassle that a high end machine would make!

Plus i am no coffee nazi, but i think it will be a great alternative to blend 43 or international roast

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook

Tags
being john malkoviches coffe bitch!, george clooney likes this, machine, nesspresso