Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2006, 12:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level
Default Working with assholes (rant).

Anybody else caught in an environment where they're forced into close proximity with utter, utter smacktards?

I work corporate IT support for a resources company. The tasks that cross my desk are many and varied, unfortunately they often only involve plugging in a cable.

Long story short, on Friday someone wanted a cable plugged in while I was in the middle of something else. She got upset because I didn't panic and apparently didn't appreciate how important this cable getting plugged in was, even after I stressed to her that it would be done in less than five minutes (and it was), giving her a full half hour before she needed it running for her meeting and for some reason this still wasn't good enough.

She cannot seem to grasp the concept that some problems crossing my desk are more urgent than hers. She works in Public Relations for fucks sake, she shakes hands and kisses babies all damn day then struts around the office as if this place simply couldn't turn out the millions of dollars of ore without her valuable input. If I had a shovel and a bag of quicklime she'd already be in a shallow ditch out the back....

Anyway, when I'm told by somebody that I "Clearly don't understand how urgent the situation is" and "This just can't carry on" after kissing her ass and calling it ice-cream, I get cranky. First though, I laughed in her face. This probably wasn't wise, but holy hell it felt good. I laughed in her face and walked out of the room. It was either laugh, or grab the coffee cup she had just filled, breaking it over her fucking face while screaming; "You fucking ingrate, you go to hell and you die!"

Here's an email I sent to my boss on the subject just after the event (names removed obviously..)

Quote:
Just a heads up for whenever you're available again. I can imagine Stupid Bitch(tm) will be putting in some form of complaint about me and I thought I'd pass on the details of the little event before it spirals into some larger story.

Ticket (we use tickets to track jobs) came through late Thursday regarding some trouble with the training room A monitor.

Friday morning I get caught up organising a phone for a meeting and various other things with various other people that required immediate attention.

Aforementioned Stupid Bitch(tm) walked into my office and explained the ticket. Realising that someone had unplugged it I said something like:
"No problems Bitch, if you'll give me five just to finish this email off to Cool Guy I'll be right there."
She explained it was urgent and should be my top priority, I assured her it was and I just needed to get this message out. Knowing full well how big the bees in her proverbial bonnet can get I spoke calmly, chose my words carefully and basically just didn't want to push her panic button any further that it already was.

On my way out the door I was stopped by a couple of Groovy guys asking some laptop related questions. I asked them to put a ticket through with the details and we'd get to it as soon as we could. This probably delayed me by a minute, maybe two at a stretch.

I ran up to the empty training room and plugged the monitor back into the correct socket, everything was fixed. On my way out of the room I ran into Stupid Bitch(tm) again and attempted to explain that everything was A-OK, she ignored me and wandered off to make a coffee. I followed her into the little kitchen area and again explained that everything was good to go and she said:
"I can't work like this", then proceeded to tell me that my reaction to her demands was not good enough, that I had not reacted with enough alarm at the situation. I was somewhat dumbfounded by this, I explained again as gently as possible that I didn't want to panic anybody, that after seeing the ticket I was fully aware of what the problem was going to be and that I really did just need to finish the email I was writing (regarding some fairly important stuff for Cool Guy over east) before I went into the training room. She got rather 'huffy' and said that it wasn't good enough (or words to that effect) and that I clearly didn't understand how important this was, and re-iterated again that she simply could not work like this.

Now, the internal customers are clearly important to us. Without them you and I just wouldn't be here. With the history Stupid Bitch(tm) has with some of her demands I made sure I put in the extra effort to make her happy and still it wasn't good enough.

I will put up with a lot sir, but I will not be ignored like a scolded child in the workplace and I am afraid I cannot bend the laws of time and physics for Stupid Bitch(tm), as much as I may like to.

So, just a heads up. She seems eager to complain that I was not in a panic state, that I did not drop everything on everybody else to plug her cable in and generally doesn't appear capable of treating me as a colleague.

We'll chat more about it when you get back.

Cameron Jones
Technology Support and Maintenance
So... anybody else work with people that just seem hellbent on making your life miserable?

I either need a new job, or a good criminal lawyer to help me plead down to manslaughter for dropping this bitch.

I should mention this isn't the only problem I've had with this woman, it's just the proverbial straw on the camels back. Constantly unreasonable demands on our time and resources, a real snooty fuckin' attitude and committing the department to things without even checking with us first, as well as calling me on my personal mobile on my fucking days off to ask stupid questions, this bitch needs a bullet.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Yes I work with someone hellbent on making my life, and the lives of everyone else in the vicinity, difficult. I wont get into details, because it'll make your epic post look like a simple query

Put it this way....we have a large vessel of sodium hydroxide out the back (a coupla thousand litres), and oh how I'd like to accidentally push her into it one day..
Old 13-03-2006, 12:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Put it this way....we have a large vessel of sodium hydroxide out the back (a coupla thousand litres), and oh how I'd like to accidentally push her into it one day..
I'll bring my bitch down, we can make a party of it.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:34 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

I work in the mines...........

enough said!!
Old 13-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

that farken suks dude.... u should have enough experience to get another job surely?????

is there many jobs atm in the IT industry?
Old 13-03-2006, 12:46 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Be your own boss, at least when u put up with fucktards you get paid for it.
Old 13-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

I work in IT, I sit smack back in the middle of an open plan accounts department consisting of only 3 males, including myself. We're outnumbered about 4:1. It's crazy!

I feel your pain.

PS - If I hear that moaning bitch next to me whinge about someone calling her husbands maintenance service at night I'm going to slash her fucking tires!
Old 13-03-2006, 12:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_psi
that farken suks dude.... u should have enough experience to get another job surely?????

is there many jobs atm in the IT industry?
The IT industry sucks nard at the moment. If I left here I could have another job tomorrow but the pay just wouldn't be able to match up. Shit, most places I'd be looking going down to about 65-70% of my current payslip, others would be half that. It's just not realistic to leave unfortunately, no matter how miserable the job is.

Not until we have some sort of nest egg sifted away and I can invest some time in my own business... there's plenty of freelance IT work around this town, but taking the plunge with a new wife and house on the line would just be totally insane. I could make a lot more doing that and the work is far more satisfying, but just way, way too much risk right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT
Be your own boss, at least when u put up with fucktards you get paid for it.
I would love to sir, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
PS - If I hear that moaning bitch next to me whinge about someone calling her husbands maintenance service at night I'm going to slash her fucking tires!
Next time, ask her how much her $18's an hour would cover of the mortgage without her husband working his ass off, that should shut her up.

Not trying to sound sexist, but shit if the dude's working as hard as that then she shouldn't be bitching about it.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I think you need to take one for the team mate.

She probably just needs a good root.

We have them here too, they are a bunch of fucktards but what can you do.

I worked for BHP Iron Ore for close to 4 years and only had a few fucktards which everybody else on site hated so it was good.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
I think you need to take one for the team mate.

She probably just needs a good root.
Thanks a lot, fucker. Coffee and shit shot out my nose then.

Tags
assholes, rant, working