Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-06-2011, 05:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level
Default PS3 yellow light of death - where to get fixed?

Hi there,

As the title says., our PS3 has shat and won't turn on. It tries to start up but only lasts for 1-2 seconds, beeps and then the yellow light comes on - not even enough time to get the disk to eject ...

I have a lot of computer hardware experience so I've had it apart looking for anything obvious, there wasn't a lot of dust in it and eveything 'looks' normal. When I press the on button I can hear the hard drive try to spin up, the big fan powers ok, but then there is 'click' (which may be the hard drive parking it's self, not sure) and then it powers down and flashes at me pathetically.

So, any one have any ideas please? Is there a good place to take it in Perth? Sending it back to Sony is one option but I believe it costs a packet for them to look at it and they might not be able to fix it anyway. It's well old so warranty isn't an option. I could always buy another one but then I don't get my saved games, and there is still a disk stuck in this one.

Cheers,

Wrxpc

Tags
death, fixed, light, ps3, yellow