Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: What Do you beleive in?
God/Jesus/Christian/orthodox/catolic etc 7 31.82%
Atheist. I beleive in Evolution (monkeys and Big Bang) 9 40.91%
Muslim (Mohammad) 0 0%
Weird Relegion (Jehova's Witness, Brethren etc etc) 1 4.55%
Other 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2006, 01:11 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz
If I can employ a bit of plagiarism here... the chances that we evolved from molecules without God in the equation could be likened to a bomb being thrown into a scrap metal yard and producing a ready-to-fly Boeing 747. Like, say a boxer motor, every design needs a designer in the 1st place.
If we were some amazing planned design in the first place I might agree, but with the random nature of our being I just find that to be crazy talk sir.

I mean, to think that there's a vengeful, all powerful being watching our every move as opposed to life being the end result of some random events, I'll go with the random events every time. I refuse to think that someone could potentially be damned to an eternity of suffering for coveting my neighbours sheep, or even doing something productive on a Sunday.

The big problem I see, the serious religious nuts (or as I sometimes like to call them, Jesus Buffs) are not living for the here and now. They're living for an afterlife, do what you will as long as you accept Je-sus as your lord and saviour and once you die, everything will be awesome. Promise.

It's that kind of weird-ass thinking that leads to people blowing up buildings with W26 suitcase bombs, or fuck their receptionist while maintaining a pious attitude because they've got a sleezy minister that will absolve them of their sins the very next day. If people are thinking "Shit, if I ask for forgiveness, I'll get it, do what I will!" or "If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

People need to realise they can just be good people without having some imaginary character hanging over thier shoulder with an armpit full of poorly translated text screaming out "If you do that shit, I'll fuckin' spank your ass!" while wagging an almighty finger.

Bottom line, just be a good person. Leave the fairy tales to the Brothers Grimm, they did it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
Evilcabbage, an anyone esle. I have no desire to judge you or "bible bash" you with your own beleifs.
I will find the eveidence I spoke of and i'l send it to you via PM.
Just post the "evidence" in public, or I will. Not much point making claims in public then not having the fortitude to back it up sir.

While you're at it, prove the existence of God (or any designing supernatural being) to me and I'll sign over my house to you. Scouts honour.

**edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
And just to fill u in, no need to be a hero about ur beliefs and post insulting replies.
Dude, you attack scientific theory, with mounds upon mounds of supporting evidence, telling me that kids should be taught religious doctrine instead of opening their minds to the world around them. That insults me no end. I don't think I've posted anything insulting yet, but if you open a big can of worms, don't get upset at what crawls out, yeah?

Quote:
I too was a proud atheist 6 months ago until i read some shit that contradicted nearly every sceientific explanantion that we where created from germs.
Again, please share it with the class. I'm sure the scientific community would be glad to know they can go back to shooting off bottle rockets and eating jelly with their spare time now that there's clear, undeniable proof of the existence of god.

Quote:
My credibility? Do i seem to give shit what u think of me? If u have nothing contructive to add then pls dont.
I'm trying to keep a creative argument going, did you only want to hear answers from people that have taken Jesus into their hearts? Gimme a break son.

That proof, chop chop.

Last edited by EvilCabbage; 28-03-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 28-03-2006, 01:14 AM
d_generate

I go to the Church of Touching Cloth & pray with Father Will U Pffistmee every Sunday, we have fun taking the Alter boys on camps, we are a branch of the Catholic Church and our motto is "Mum's the Word"
Pffuck Religeon, it's Pffucking the world.
Old 28-03-2006, 01:14 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

"If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

wow is that true?.. HRMMM !!
Old 28-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz
Chuck Norris recently became a Christian...
See. I told you that they make a firm decision.

That's his one!
Old 28-03-2006, 01:19 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PFFT]
"If I kill these whiteys, I'll get a whole shit tonne of virgins in heaven!".

wow is that true?.. HRMMM !!
Islam, killing Christians or enemys of Islam gets you 72 virgins in heaven, or there-abouts. It's bloody late so I am going to bed but I'll dig up some quotations and whatnot tomorrow.

**edit: Just a quick question for those in the class who are sure we're designed, built, made, etc by a higher power.

Why do men have nipples? They serve no purpose in the scheme of mating or rearing young, why are they there? What kind of designer leaves such items just hanging around?

Ponder that while I dream of sugar plums and other such dandy things.

Cheerio,
-Cameron

Last edited by EvilCabbage; 28-03-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 28-03-2006, 01:28 AM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

I believe in sex.

some peoples posts r too long to read!
Old 28-03-2006, 01:38 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
If we were some amazing planned design in the first place I might agree, but with the random nature of our being I just find that to be crazy talk sir.
I tend to think that the human being, or any other living thing for that matter, IS an amazing design. I would like to see a lab full of the world's best brains with huge budgets, and using nothing but the 106 elements of the periodic table, produce one single living cell in a test tube.

It's always gonna be a highly emotional subject on all sides this one, I think I'll stop on this post & sit on the sidelines for a bit.

Respect to all...
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 28-03-2006, 01:39 AM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

i believe in JERMS
Old 28-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

hey evil, i'l have your the answers to your questions tomorrow, and anyone else

to each there own!

RESPECT
Old 28-03-2006, 03:06 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

**removed by request**

--Thread is temporarily locked--

Last edited by Adz; 28-03-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
beleive