Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-12-2011, 03:59 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

blackwrxwagon at standard level

Yeah fuck that.

I rape and pillage the office showers on a daily basis, but as the water pressure is similar to that of an asthmatic Japanese school girl I have to stay there for a good 20 minutes to feel clean.
#26 E series HSV senator - bunky
Old 22-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I don't ride in as it takes me ages to lower my body temp. Even a cold shower doesn't help. Time is all I need but no one wants to sit next to a smelly cunt in the office. We have lockers at work. Most guys just bring their clothes in on the weekend and leave them hanging in the lockers
Old 23-12-2011, 09:24 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

STi Fi at standard level

I'm on the market for a bike but have no idea about them as I usually ride road bikes instead, figured this would be the place to ask if any. I live in Canningvale and am after something light that I can ride to the river and around it without any hassles, few of my friends have fixed gear bikes but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers!
Dan
Old 23-12-2011, 09:33 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SupaFly at standard level

I'll be buying my friends GIANT Defy 1 soon so I'll be riding to uni from then on! Nollamara - Mount lawley not a big trek but I am worried about getting my body temp down though, as i do sweat easily and a lot.. don't really wanna be soaking in class..

My friend suggested wearing skins underneath but i haven't had a chance to give it a go, does anyone know if it helps with sweating/body temp?
Old 23-12-2011, 10:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

blackwrxwagon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
I'll be buying my friends GIANT Defy 1 soon so I'll be riding to uni from then on! Nollamara - Mount lawley not a big trek but I am worried about getting my body temp down though, as i do sweat easily and a lot.. don't really wanna be soaking in class..

My friend suggested wearing skins underneath but i haven't had a chance to give it a go, does anyone know if it helps with sweating/body temp?
Skins are compression gear, they are meant to be used after you exersize to do a heap of good things, they are useless whilst your exersizing other than stopping grass burns if placing rugby/socker ect. They'll also slow your body being able to lower its temp, as it will reduce evaporation from sweat.

best thing to do to lower body temp after a ride is take it really easy on the last 5 mins, drop your speed to like 10km/h, so you give your muscle a chance to start cooling down (this will also lower your chance of injury). Then just jump in a cold shower for 10mins, and drink as much icey water as you can. I can normally drop my body temp back to normal within 20 mins of getting off the bike, which is usually the time I finished getting showered and changed.

STI FI - Don't get a fixed gear, they look cool but suck cock to ride anymore than down to the shops, especially around the river where wind can make you its bitch. I ride an amita special from TBE (was $900 after discount) as I don't see the worth in getting a pimp bike unless I start competiting. The sort of bike you will get is totally dependant on money, how much do you want to spend? $1500 new opens up a load of possibilites.
#26 E series HSV senator - bunky
Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

inrextc at standard level

I currently and in the past have ridden mountain bikes. i am thinking about getting a road bike mainly because I want to do the "Ride to Conquer Cancer"

Has anybody had any experience with these bikes The Bicycle Entrepreneur, Perth, WA, The Bicycle Entrepreneur, Perth's bike experts

They were highly recommended by the guys at TBE in Willeton.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Basically, the frames are mostly the same, probably all made in the same factory in China, one day they do Giant, the next Avanti, just change the stickers every day... The thing you want to look out for is the gear set. Shimano 105's at a minimum I'd suggest.. I have sora's on my Avanti, and when I upgrade bike, that will be the reason!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

inrextc at standard level

Thanks for the info Kym, It has Shimano ultegra gear on it. The guys at the bike shop said that the ultegra is pretty good and the frame is carbon/composite i think.

How many klms on average do you do a week?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:52 PM

sounds good then! and no worries Iain

I've been on holidays since the 23rd of Dec, since then I've done just over 220kms.. So I avg 100km a week roughly. That is about to increase as I plan to ride all the way home (44kms) at least twice a week now that I am driving hans solo every day (wife is on maternity leave now) so that, coupled with my up and down the coasts should get me to 150kms a week hopefully.

I'm looking at an upgrade shortly. I just sold my Giant Talon MTB to Dave (Master D) so he can go riding with his brother, the Avanti might be up for sale shortly, and I'll use the proceeds from both to put towards a quality roadie!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Grays $2M Bike Sale

Search GraysOnline - Auctions, Items For Sale

Tags
cycles, work